Hardware requirements
You revived a 10-month old thread to say that? Closedeyes
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]

Sponsored links

Hi....
what will be the hardware requirement to use linux operating systemm over windows 98.Is any changing require...
To quote an earlier post in this thread:
Quote:Minimum
* Windows/Linux OS
* CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
* GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
* 512mb RAM
Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

So, no. Requirements don't change based on OS. On an unrelated note, Windows 98? Seriously? Are you sure your hardware is not too old and slow to run PCSX2?
uh, i dont know if pcsx2 will work ok

specs: Windows 7 ultimate I have vista and xp also installed on this pc.
512mb of ram
intel celeron d 3.33GHz
Graphics: Ati radeon express 1100
Welcome to the forums, skyline.
No, that pc won't work very well. You might be able to play 2d games with it, but it'll be too slow for 3d.
(10-15-2009, 02:12 AM)rama Wrote: Welcome to the forums, skyline.
No, that pc won't work very well. You might be able to play 2d games with it, but it'll be too slow for 3d.

oh... ok thanks... Man i juss wanted to play tokyo extreme racer 3! guess i cant...
I apologize for thread necromancing, but I think we should increase the publicized minimum requirements to the safer range, like a C2D 2.5 ghz and an 8600 GT (or whatever its equivalent on the AMD/ATI side is), which can run some 3d games without much tweaking needed. I figured this will lessen a lot of unnecessary disappointment for users with weaker specs who don't know how to tweak their PC and PCSX2 itself even with help from the forum regulars.

Tech savvy people with weak rigs will get by on their own and will be able to run some of the games, either by researching threads and tweaking their pc and software accordingly, while people who are not savvy enough to tweak stuff even with help will at least not get any false hopes up.
[Image: 813647.png]
+ geforce GT 440 @ Win7 64bit
It is already clear that minimum requirements are just that, the minimum system you must have to just run the emulator. It is also clear it will be very slow to unplayable (FAQ entries of requirements and Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer cover that). The main problem here is that no one reads the FAQ, for which we really can't do anything about.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You misunderstand. The Minimum requirements are the very least you need to actually run PCSX2, regardless of speed. That's basically what all games and applications use as a guideline. The Recommended requirements are what you state: being able to run most games at good speeds.
(10-15-2009, 08:56 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: You misunderstand. The Minimum requirements are the very least you need to actually run PCSX2, regardless of speed. That's basically what all games and applications use as a guideline. The Recommended requirements are what you state: being able to run most games at good speeds.

Yup, I understand that. Just suggested to disregard the minimum requirements and instead make the recommended ones as the bare minimum, since most of the complaints from new users are that it runs slow even though they meet the minimum (they seem to misunderstand that "running" is different from "Running fullspeed" or "perfect". If it's neither of the two, it's "not running" at all for them.)

(10-15-2009, 08:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: The main problem here is that no one reads the FAQ, for which we really can't do anything about.

I concede this point. Smile Will shut up now.
[Image: 813647.png]
+ geforce GT 440 @ Win7 64bit