Hardware requirements
Well an emulator isnt just for running commercial games you could just run demos which are usually waaaay faster anyway, so yeah the minimum reqs are fine Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Hey can my little brother`s new laptop computer run the pcsx2

specs
Windows 7 home premium
Intel Core i7 640UM 4M Cache, 1.2 GHz with 2.266 GHz Max Turbo Frequency and is Overclockable
2 Gb Ram
250GB SATAII 7,200RPM HDD
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
Thereb22 that depends on the game. To run PCSX2 I think it's sufficient... and some games too with some hacks, but most will not run that smooth.

Elacheb0417. The same is valid for your question too. There is a difference regarding games for PC and PCSX2. While it's easy to determine the minimal requirements for one game it's not so for the emulator that need to run all the range of PS2 games spectrum, each one with it's own demands, be it on CPU or GPU... and often on both. So it is just an average estimation.
The minimum will be able to play a few low demanding games and already under greater 'suffering', but not all them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
well for me,shadowlady and i have the same procie E5400 Laugh and her is at 3.6 which able the game to play at full speed,mine is at 3.48 and can play at full speed although there are really part which are slower ^^ i agree with it.. we can not change the fact that there are parts that are slow ^^
so better get a procie and oc at 3.5ghz Laugh better get a high end cooling
Here is my thing i have a laptop compaq cq60-210us so i found out that it doesn't like this so i went out and bought a gaming desktop a cyberpowerpc and it has this
Windows 7 x64bit
Motherboard-GigaByte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
Cpu-Amd Athlon II X4 630
Gpu-Ati Hd4650 1gb from Powercolor
Ram-3gb
Sound Card-intergraded but i just ordered the Rocketfish 5.1 Channel PCI Sound Card RF-51SDCD hoping the sound card was doing it because when i would disable sound it would stop lagging all together
Monitor- Hp2009m i bought this because i heard that having a old monitor might not work because it won't refresh fast enough.

I even had windows xp at one point but it did the same thing that windows 7 does but windows 7 it does a little better then xp which is weird but it does.

i hope someone will reply to this because i need help getting this to work on my computer
My pc hardware are:

-AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+ 2.00GHz
-1.50GB of RAM
-nVidia GeForce 6200 (256MB)

I found a working Legaia 2 Duel Saga file (.iso format). When I run it using PCSX2 I get 59-62 FPS, but when the first cinematic shows up (I see black horizontal stripes here), FPS drops to 3-5. After the first cinematic I get to choose 'New Game' or 'Continue' (15-20 FPS here and no black stripes, everything is just as it should be). I choose 'New Game', then a cinematic shows up, again I see black stripes in the cinematic.

Can someone tell me how to increase my FPS or how to get rid of the black stripes? I can live without cinematics, because I've beaten the game and I know most of the story, but I cannot play with 3-5 FPS. Please help!! I'd gladly appreciate it. End my Legaia Frenzy please Sad(

***EDIT***: I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3 and the ZeroGS video plugin.
Sorry, Razvy, but you PC is far too weak to expect any kind of decent results from PCSX2.

Look here
(07-19-2011, 09:07 AM)Rezard Wrote: Sorry, Razvy, but you PC is far too weak to expect any kind of decent results from PCSX2.

Look here

Oh, I used ePSX (Playstation 1 emulator) and played Legend Of Legaia just fine, never got below 55 FPS) and I just assumed that PCSX2 doesn't require more. Anyway, ty for your help.

my laptop spec is

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Core 2 Duo @ 2.00Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS 512MB
4GB DDR1 RAM

When i play a game on pcsx emulator, it's only run 20-30 FPS .
or it because my hardware is not enough to run pcsx emulator ?
ohh come one reviving a year old thread is hijacking.

(11-30-2011, 05:08 AM)shadow.fiend26 Wrote: my laptop spec is

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Core 2 Duo @ 2.00Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS 512MB
4GB DDR1 RAM

When i play a game on pcsx emulator, it's only run 20-30 FPS .
or it because my hardware is not enough to run pcsx emulator ?

anyway that laptop is pretty weak for pcsx2 and you are outside the minimun requirements
Quote:Minumum Req. :FAILED
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. :FAILED
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. TongueASS
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD athlon 64,486,586,Intel-Atom,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel