Hardware vs. Software
Sorry i just bought a asus x550j db71 laptop and am new here so i apologize if i am in the wrong spot for this. i will put the specs down below. my main issue with pcsx2 on this laptop is that when i put the gs plugin setting to direct11 hardware it runs fast but has very odd graphic issues like in this picture when i try to run call of duty 3 on pcsx2    

but when i change the gs plugin to direct11 software is shows up like it should........    

only problem is that software runs the gameplay at 0-30 fps while hardware is 30-60 fps, is there anyway where i can keep the graphics of software and increase the fps OR use the fast fps of hardware and tweak the settings so that the graphics are similar if not nearly identical to the software graphics?

Specs :

Processor - Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.6 GHz up to 3.6 GHz

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4600 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m (both are availabe at gs configure settings)

RAM - 8 GB

What else am i missing? Please comment on what other info you may need because i am getting frusturated that games like ssx on tour work near perfect on pcsx2 but call of duty 3 and nppl paintball 2009 both have its woes.

Thank you for reading

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is a far way off from being completely accurate in both software and hardware so you're bound to run into problems sooner or later.  Not familiar with that game but maybe someone else will know the best settings for it.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
(11-02-2015, 06:09 AM)Nijohc Wrote: PCSX2 is a far way off from being completely accurate in both software and hardware so you're bound to run into problems sooner or later.  Not familiar with that game but maybe someone else will know the best settings for it.

wow i definetely did not think i was getting a response that fast, reagardless what they had to say hahaha i appreciate your efforts. i understand that hardware and software have there differences and specialities, but i figured that with all the settings that came with pcsx2, there must be some way to tweak hardware to make it atleast better than what im dealing with right now
I believe CoD 3 runs fine with the Open GL hardware renderer included in the new builds found here. You'll have to mess around with the blending modes and maybe the accurate date option.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-02-2015, 06:24 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I believe CoD 3 runs fine with the Open GL hardware renderer included in the new builds found here. You'll have to mess around with the blending modes and maybe the accurate date option.

How do you mean by blending modes? Sorry im a junior in highschool and new to this pcsx2 so dont really understand most of this computer stuff you guys say hahahaha

(11-02-2015, 06:36 AM)Eandy11 Wrote: How do you mean by blending modes? Sorry im a junior in highschool and new to this pcsx2 so dont really understand most of this computer stuff you guys say hahahaha

Also confused on the accurate date option
I updated the link in my last post. Anyways, this
[Image: this.png]
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-02-2015, 06:48 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I updated the link in my last post. Anyways, this
[Image: this.png]
What version of pcsx2 is that?
The latest development build that was linked by nobbs already.
(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)willkuer Wrote: The latest development build that was linked by nobbs already.

every time i try to use opengl hardware or software it says that pcsx2 has stopped working and i need to close pcsx2, that is on version 1.2.1, help?

where can i find the latest dev build
(11-02-2015, 02:56 PM)Eandy11 Wrote: every time i try to use opengl hardware or software it says that pcsx2 has stopped working and i need to close pcsx2, that is on version 1.2.1, help?

where can i find the latest dev build

Dude if you want help you really should read the replies

(11-02-2015, 06:24 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I believe CoD 3 runs fine with the Open GL hardware renderer included in the new builds found here. You'll have to mess around with the blending modes and maybe the accurate date option.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]