Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLES 51192] (E)
I don't know how you guys did it but I'm still unable to get past the intros (even tried it with latest GIT revision).

However Niks suggestion makes at least the intro videos play (black screen after the WB logo) which it didn't do before.

Sponsored links

Damnit, I wanted to play this game because my PS2 rejects it.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
Not sure if it'll help anything but I uploaded a savestate where I managed to get to the menu -> http://www.mediafire.com/?9igmf0fat9v0h8k
One is for the german PAL version (which I own) and the other for the english PAL version, both should work for 1.2.1 and the latest git revision

However if you dont want an instant freeze upon loading you should manually set the PAL framerate to 25.0 fps in PCSX2_vm.ini (like Nik1895 suggested), though it seems that in 1.2.1 it even works with just enabling the EE timing hack instead.
Also I never got any different results with the superVU Recompiler, not sure why it worked like that for Coornio.

Accessing the Load and Options menu should work in the latest git revision, when I tried it with 1.2.1 it just froze (I tried multiple times).
Also neither a New Game nor Loading an existing one (which I copied from my original memory card) works.

I really would like to play this game again someday, it was actually pretty fun...
1)Game title: Harry Potter and the chamber of Secrets
2)ELF name: SLES_552.48
3)Game CRC: 0xC5473413
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor @ 3.50GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Build Description: PCSX2 1.2.1 Windows

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Speedhacks Used / Gamefixes Used:
The predefined 'Aggressive' setting

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
little

Comments:
Crashes when pressing New Game

Bugs:
Game will not get past the "New Game" button. It gives alot of Unknown VifCmd warnings and usually gives one or more TLB Misses

Menus

Comments:
I was able to start the game and even see all the intro videos before the menus(even got through the Check memory card). I found out that the memory card check fails when starting with the quick start if you use the normal PS2 start, it gets through the memory card check. I also tried different predefined settings, but the 'aggressive' setting seems to work out best(when talking about the predefined settings).
Since you mentioned that it works with the "Agressive" preset settings I was curious to see what exactly these settings were that made it load the game up to the main menu.

So going off with the "Safest" preset it seems that the Speedhacks "EE Cyclerate=2" and "Enable INTC Spin Detection" are the responsible settings that need to be used.

But perhaps a thing worth noting is that when using the previously suggested solution with the forced 25.0 fps setting (doesn't require the mentioned speedhacks), fast boot and entering the Load and Options menu seems to work as well (at least most of the time).
2)ELF name: SLES_511.92;1
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Build Description: PCSX2 v1.3.1-1541-g3820bf1 Windows (Build date 2015-12-17 05:59:33)

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Base preset: SAFE

EE Cyclerate: 2
VU Cycle Stealing: 0

Other hacks: INTC Spin Detection

Manual FPS Limit: 25.00

Speedhacks Used:
Recommended

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic Gamefixes

little

Comments:
Intro, memcard check and menus working, freezes when selecting new game.

Status
Menus
2)ELF name: SLES_511.92;1
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Build Description: PCSX2 v1.5.0-449-0ef8ddb git Windows build

BIOS Used: Europe v02.20(20/06/2005) Console

Base preset: Safest

EE Cyclerate: 1 (mandatory for intro loading)
VU Cycle Stealing: 0

Other hacks: None
Gamefixes Used: None

Medium

Comments:
- Intro and main menu works with these settings, freezes when selecting new game, also freezes most of the time when trying to enter a submenu (load/options), though load menu works when there isn't already a save file of the game on one of the memory cards

- Once he freezes this message appears in the log every few seconds:
Code:
padman: DMA Busy ID = 94450002 ret = 0
        SB_STAT = f0000102
ID value changes when rebooting, ret is sometimes 1.
Looking at the debugger it seems that the emulator is caught in an endless loop there

- Software mode makes the emulator display a loading screen before the first memory check (immediately after boot), this is not the case for any hardware mode (black screen instead)

- There are still a lot of "Vif1: Unknown VifCmd!" messages showing up during start up, regardless of whether EE cyclerate is 0 or higher

- When it freezes I rarely I get a TLB Miss and/or an assertion fail related to Vif, example (for german version, SLES_511.94;1):
Code:
(EE pc:001F5824) TLB Miss, addr=0x2624 [store]
..\..\x86\newVif_Dynarec.cpp(197) : assertion failed:
    Function:  VifUnpackSSE_Dynarec::ModUnpack
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: false

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x01570200                                  
[01] 0x015709B3

Status
Menus
CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4GHz 4 core

GPU: MSi Radeon R9 270 Gaming OC Edition 2G

RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) 1600

SSD: PNY CS2211 240GB

This game crashes the entire program before it even gets to the EA logo.
Any news about the game?
No, but please refrain from posting questions in this section, it is dedicated to test results only, not support/questions. Thanks
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]