Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Hello everyone, I am rather new to the PS2 emulation scene but I was hoping for some help on harvest moon, it wants to run slow when outside, I have speed hack enabled, it says Im getting 60FPS, but the thing is its running as though I was getting 40~FPS, I was wondering if there was anyway I could possible fix this? I am using current build of 0.9.8, Thank you for any help, and I will respond to any questions to help on the subject.

Sponsored links

(06-05-2011, 01:52 AM)Almightyfunk Wrote: I have speed hack enabled

This would be exactly why, most likely the VU Cycle Stealing Hack.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Well, you're probably not going to get good speed without any Speedhacks, do consider toning it down a notch.

What are your system specs?
(06-05-2011, 01:54 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: This would be exactly why, most likely the VU Cycle Stealing Hack.

But it(VU Cycle Stealing Hack) is disabled, and without speedhacks on average I receive 40~fps
(06-05-2011, 02:13 AM)Rezard Wrote: Well, you're probably not going to get good speed without any Speedhacks, do consider toning it down a notch.

I7 Processor @ 2.80GHz, Asus 5870, 8gb RAM,
Your use of Speedhacks seems to be causing a false FPS. Have you tried the Presets?

(06-05-2011, 02:22 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your use of Speedhacks seems to be causing a false FPS. Have you tried the Presets?

No I have not, could you possible direct me to some? I would be very appreciative.
I mean these Presets:

[Image: examplet.png]

You should really post your system specs, though. Not everyone has gotten this game running well. (link)
(06-05-2011, 02:35 AM)Rezard Wrote: I mean these Presets:

[Image: examplet.png]

You should really post your system specs, though. Not everyone has gotten this game running well. (link)

Using Preset 2, I was able to achieve 50~+FPS constant, I thank you so much, because these are playable speeds, and hopefully everyone at my stream agrees. I7 Processor @ 2.80GHz, Asus 5870, 8gb RAM, for the specs, for the most part.
(06-05-2011, 02:42 AM)Almightyfunk Wrote: Using Preset 2, I was able to achieve 50~+FPS constant, I thank you so much, because these are playable speeds, and hopefully everyone at my stream agrees. I7 Processor @ 2.80GHz, Asus 5870, 8gb RAM, for the specs, for the most part.

Almighty this game is SLOW, thats the way the game was made, even if the fps where higher its the game and not the emulator. I remerber i played this in the PS2 and couldn't beleive how slow it was.
CPU: I7 12700K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660ti (6GB)
RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz
Harvest moon , the fastest game i've ever seen. i cannot actually read anything on the screen. its too fast. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]