Haunting Ground graphics issue
(01-07-2014, 01:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you have absolutely no idea how demanding an emulator can be...

well it can't be that demanding...

Sponsored links

(01-07-2014, 01:33 PM)DeadPhoenix86 Wrote: well it can't be that demanding...

that's what i said : you have no idea
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-07-2014, 01:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's what i said : you have no idea

I think it also depends on what resolution your playing games at. but so far all my games I've tested worked fine on 1440p with 60 fps capped.
sure, but since you seem to be talking about what you experienced on nowadays' emulators, I give you and advice.
don't make a dogma from experience.
upcoming PS3, X360 or even PS25 (in within some years) will probably make your statement false.
(01-07-2014, 01:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: sure, but since you seem to be talking about what you experienced on nowadays' emulators, I give you and advice.
don't make a dogma from experience.
upcoming PS3, X360 or even PS25 (in within some years) will probably make your statement false.

sure ok...your right. but calm down man. I mean my first experience with it emulators so far, that everything seem to run smooth on my end. but that's because I also have a powerful system. the fact I know emulators are not exactly optimized like regular PC games. I get that.
but calling it super demanding is a little bit over exaggerated.
(01-07-2014, 02:11 PM)DeadPhoenix86 Wrote: sure ok...your right. but calm down man. I mean my first experience with it emulators so far, that everything seem to run smooth on my end. but that's because I also have a powerful system. the fact I know emulators are not exactly optimized like regular PC games. I get that.
but calling it super demanding is a little bit over exaggerated.

As I said, it can be super demanding. that doesn't necessarily mean it is.
That's why i told you not to understand your little experience as a general rule. you have a powerful system, and pcx2 developement started 10 years ago.
We just entered an era in which PCs are powerful enough to emulate a PS2 quite well. 10 years after the developement started, and 13 years after the original PS2 came out.
Don't worry, though. This is a common mistake a lot of newbies make quite often Wink
(01-07-2014, 02:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: As I said, it can be super demanding. that doesn't necessarily mean it is.
That's why i told you not to understand your little experience as a general rule. you have a powerful system, and pcx2 developement started 10 years ago.
We just entered an era in which PCs are powerful enough to emulate a PS2 quite well. 10 years after the developement started, and 13 years after the original PS2 came out.
Don't worry, though. This is a common mistake a lot of newbies make quite often Wink

of course I understand that. not saying it can't be demanding. but PC tech sure have come a long way since the past 5 years. and I can tell, because I'm a tech geek myself xD I can imagen 10 years back it was probably not even possible to run it decently at all. but probably that time it wasn't needed, because everyone was still playing on there Ps2 on there old TV's.

but the day they invented HD. than I can see the PCSX2 was being a must have for everyone with a good rig. the 640x480 resolution wasn't cutting it for newer screens. of course some of the Ps2 library games has also been released in HD on the current gen consoles. but not every game gets the same treatment.

but now that's I've actually tried it out myself. its a much more pleasant way of replaying older games in full screen, without having to demand HD releases from developers.