Having a minor issue on Dragon Quest 8
(08-29-2010, 02:16 AM)darkvirus Wrote: woop... he have an ATI dude an ATI no doubt he can do that

Try switching to D3D9 (Hardware) in some games however D3D10 (Hardware) will run games faster...I'm on an ATI as well and I get the same FPS problem with him. In D3D9 on 1024 1024 I get up to 75fps with the frame limiter disabled (at the beginning in town when you run close to him on the cart..also seems to be when he's facing you). I also use Game Booster and switch to windows classic view in vista to help a tiny bit..not much but every little bit helps. As for the lines issue, still there, but on my screen it's not white, but a dark gray.. Hope I helped a bit.

Sponsored links

(08-29-2010, 02:16 AM)darkvirus Wrote: woop... he have an ATI dude an ATI no doubt he can do that

What do you mean?
He have a Monster graphic card, something on pair with the 480 (or the 460, I'm not sure which ATI is the double, there is a 5970?) from Nvidia, it's not the brand, it's the card class.

But it should be noted than the CPU still is loaded by the GS increase, at some point the video card power is not the more hindering factor against increasing graphic quality. To it the CPU too must be able to support a minor but significant part of the extra load.

@Setuben
The FPS is not his concern, the problem was that error in the image artifacts in the text. He stated is running the game without any speed hack, and that was in 1920x1080... Smile well, that's what I call perfectionism, the original console never came near this graphic quality at all

Obviously some FPS down will occurs in some parts because the CPU is yet a concern. And since the original issue is due to scaling errors a more 'sane' internal resolution probably will help the FPS too. The point being for that game he will need small or no speed hacks at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real
well ati cards are the best graphics card, ati cards are owning nvidia today ^^
It's only good they are always struggling for enhancements, don't you think?

The worst thing for us, consumers, if one of them "pwns" the other... it's valid for CPU too.

PS: Just an example, that 5870 X2 performs about the same as the 480... and it is a "dual" card...
Imagination is where we are truly real
well as long as it can run games... with high resolution, then its a good game.. and as long it can pcsx2 its really good graphic cards right? no arguing on that