Having about ~12 fps during gameplay
May be unrelated... but may also be worth a try... Disable deinterlacing. Restart the game while holding square and X (or square and triangle, try one and then the other). This should boot the game in progressive scan. Some games run terribly if they aren't in progressive scan (SotC runs much smoother in it for example) so that could also be causing the problem.

And even if that alone doesn't fix the speed issues... it'll at least make the game look a lot prettier.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

I can see from the game screenshot that GSdx is still trying to draw the shadow.
That's the reason of the slowness. If you're really using a 18xx rev, then it means your game CRC isn't beein picked up.
What version of the game are you playing? Is it any obscure directors cut + undub one?
Alright it's still GSdx slowdown, a (software) renderer should run faster at the moment if your CRC isnt being matched to GSdx's fix, or use the older GSdx 0.1.7 version that should run fast too.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
decode; unticking it seems to have improved fps slightly, goes down to roughly 15 at lowest, but stays around there.

koji; disabling de-interlacing through clicking native? I did and trying the game with X and Square my fps was lowered down to 10 fps. And the same problem with Square and Triangle. I think it has to do with checking the Native button, as my fps is slightly higher without it checked.

rama; I'm playing the Director's Cut version, more than that I'm afraid I don't really know. It's not dubbed, that's for sure at least.

shadow lady; How exactly do I change/use the older version? I don't have any available in my configure option, all I can choose from is different 0.0.15 versions.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help so far. Hoping to solve this soon!

Also, I might add. I personally believe it somewhat has to do with shadows. When I for instance go inside the menu (where there obviously are no shadows) the music goes to perfect and all movement are normal, all moving text goes without any fpsdrop and I have a steady fps at 60.

Of course there's a lot less happening on the screen, but might just be something to help to work with. Considering when I just stand still in the "lobby" I still have only ~15 ish fps.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html

You get older versions from there, unzip it put it in the plugins folders and change the graphics plugin to it.
Woah. I suddenly got a 60fps ingame and ~50ish while running around.

Although I have 2 problems. One being I can't change the resolution, it's stuck at 640x448. Second problem being that the menus and chat windows are totally blank. Any idea? And is vsync anything to recommend? might avoid it being so jumpy, and still feels like it's not perfectly "clean". But that might just be cause it's emulated?

Also, is there any chance to change the max fps? If I change the limit to maxfps 75 hz (as my monitor is set on) it still remains on 60, pretty much like the resolution staying on 640x448, any ideas?
What do you mean it's stuck at 640x448?

Vsync isnt really recommended it can cause input lag and reduce your fps on some parts but well try it and if you dont get those issues well it's up to you Tongue
Even if I change my resolution in the graphics window to i.e 1024x768, it's still staying at 640x448, is there someplace else I have to change it? I know I can just drag out the window if I'm using windowed but I believe the game will look dull that way, no?

And do you have any idea what I can do to get text in the menus and conversations?
It shows 640 by 448 because you are using native resolution....uncheck the "native" checkbox in the gsdx configuration window.
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
You mean the number at the title bar? it will always stay the same (only shows the native resolution of the game). If you're using a custom internal resolution (AKA not have native ticked) it increases the sharpness of the image indepently of the display size, and if you mean the size of the window only you cant change it unless you use a newer GSdx where the "resolution" menu will change the size.

Do the text in menus thing happen the same using a (software) renderer?