Having an unusual problem with PCSX2
First things first, this is not due to my computer not being good enough for PCSX2. I have an Intel Core Quad Q9550 with 2.83 GHz, as well as a GeForce GTX 280. Also, the games I've been using have worked flawlessly until now. Please take this into consideration when replying.

Right, the problem is that today, PCSX2 (0.9.6., but I've tried older versions as well) started having some sudden issues. One of them that no matter what game I open (and I've tried an older GSDX as well), I get this: "An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message: The GS plugin failed to open/initialize. Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file."

What the emuLog.txt file tells me is this:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 7
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
CPU speed = 2.835 Ghz
Cores = 4 physical [4 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0008e3fd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 2.0

rom1 NOT FOUND

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 60.0 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff

I repeat, these games worked perfectly fine no earlier than today (and they are compatible even according to the list). Could someone point out what is wrong with the program and if there is any solution that does not involve just using the PS2 instead?

Sponsored links

before anyhing else update your directx with this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en after that upgrade your pcsx2 and plugins to their latest betas from this forum and try again.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Hm. Restarted my computer and it seems to work just fine now. I did have the directx you linked me to. Also, I don't think that having the latest official version of PCSX2 could have made playable games unplayable during the same day. Does anyone have an explanation?
(06-27-2009, 02:09 AM)lion_of_genesis Wrote: Hm. Restarted my computer and it seems to work just fine now. I did have the directx you linked me to. Also, I don't think that having the latest official version of PCSX2 could have made playable games unplayable during the same day. Does anyone have an explanation?

what is more important to you: to know exactly why your games suddenly cease to work or help with getting them to run again? Wink there's no reason for not using the latest betas unless they break any games. your games already didn't run at all, so why not trying them out?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
True, but I had to restart because for some other reason, I couldn't open the latest beta. Good to see it's okay now.

I thought it was a bit strange that an version which had worked absolutely fine until then had suddenly stopped working.
(06-27-2009, 02:50 AM)lion_of_genesis Wrote: True, but I had to restart because for some other reason, I couldn't open the latest beta. Good to see it's okay now.

I thought it was a bit strange that an version which had worked absolutely fine until then had suddenly stopped working.

well, windows is a highly dynamic system, and rebooting is the oldest fix of'em all Wink
(06-27-2009, 02:54 AM)zero29 Wrote: well, windows is a highly temperamental system, and rebooting is the oldest fix of'em all Wink

Fixed that for you Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi