Having issues with slow game and audio
OeDownloaded PXSX2 last night. Finally figured out how to set it up.

Started playing NBA street and it was going fine until the tip off and start of the game.

Now it's shuttering and sluggish.

I've read google and tried tweaking the settings. Can someone walk me through this and help me speedboat up the FPS.

Cause I know it's always asked I'm running a fresh Asus G74sx w/ windows 7 and a 1tb SSD installed.

If you need Moreno in depth specs of my lap top I'll reply with that later. I'm sure it's a simple fix but it's new to me and I don't want to go screwing around with sht blind and possibly make it worse.

Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Intel Core i7 (2nd Gen) 2630QM / 2 GHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M - 3 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - 16GB DDR3 SDRAM 204 pin - Windows 7 OS - DDR3 SDRAM 16 GB RAM - 120GB SSD Expansion

Game is NBA street Vol.2 ISO - PCSX2 1.4.0 (all setting default)
this game is demanding, and you CPu is a bit slow for it (its STR is around 1300 while we do recommend 1600)
that said, you could try enabling all recommended speedahcks + setting ee cycle rate to 1.
since it's a alaptop, set your windows power plan to high performance mode, and make sure you arn't running on batteries

Then pray... You probably won't get full speed in this game, whatever you do.
Dam I can run full setting on new releases. It can't run a game from 2003.. crazy world.

I'll give it a shot when I get home tho. Thanks.
Ugh, I gotta ask...what is STR?  And how do I find out what mine is?

I'm running a intel core i7-6700 3.4 Ghz processor.  I'm usually pretty advanced with computers, but I don't know what this is referring to
(11-03-2016, 07:00 PM)Ck_32 Wrote: Dam I can run full setting on new releases. It can't run a game from 2003.. crazy world.

I'll give it a shot when I get home tho. Thanks.

The difference is you aren't running a game from 2003, you're emulating it. Which is a complete different matter
(11-03-2016, 07:05 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Ugh, I gotta ask...what is STR?  And how do I find out what mine is?

I'm running a intel core i7-6700 3.4 Ghz processor.  I'm usually pretty advanced with computers, but I don't know what this is referring to
STR is the Single Thread Rate of your CPU(basically how fast a single thread or core is).
Here's a list of CPU's with their STR values: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
(11-03-2016, 08:29 PM)FlatOut Wrote: STR is the Single Thread Rate of your CPU(basically how fast a single thread or core is).
Here's a list of CPU's with their STR values: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Thank you very much for that info!  Looks like mine is about 2,154  Biggrin