Having problems with my audio, what should I do?
Hello everyone, I'm a new member of the forum and am new to the world of emulators. I've just set up my pcsx2 on my home computer and noticed that the audio on the game that I was playing (Rogue Galaxy) was giving me problems. I have NO idea how to fix this, having already tried using different sound settings.

But as I've said, I'm pretty much a noob to all things emulator, so if anyone could explain the terminology and give me a possible solution or a trial-and-error way of solving it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, I checked my computer's configuration and everything is in order, according to the guide and the FAQs.

So if there is anything else I should look out for, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sponsored links

what pcsx2 version u use? try using 1888 and march plugins if u dont already use them
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Uh... so what sound problems did you get?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@ iakoboss7:I just downloaded the pcsx2 today assuming I got the latest ver. which is PCSX2 0.9.6... I'm not sure as to what you refer to with the number 1888 or the march plugins.

Like I said, I'm a total noob as to terminology or the parts of the pcsx2, even though I tried reading the guide...

@Shadow Lady: Well, I'm not sure how to describe, but it's mostly it going in and out. It sort of resembles someone messing with the volume going from mute to full volume. I tried messing around with the latency but ended up not getting anywhere... I'm really lost as to what to do because I'm completely unfamiliar with everything!
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...March-2010

follow the instructions in the .txt when u will install the plugins
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
@iakoboss7: Aren't these beta? I mean, if the 'stable' version is already unstable in my computer, how are unstable versions going to do a better job? Can you at least explain your reasoning?
(05-20-2010, 06:16 AM)Visual.Viral Wrote: @iakoboss7: Aren't these beta? I mean, if the 'stable' version is already unstable in my computer, how are unstable versions going to do a better job? Can you at least explain your reasoning?

they are beta but they are working better than the stable. thats what the dev's tells to everyone to use also...
Ok! Thanks for the advice, I'll install it tomorrow and report back here.