Having problems
Im new over here and sorry if im posting this in the wrong froum.

I downloaded the latest version of pcsx2. Ive configured everything but I am having trouble playing any ps2 games.

When I click on file and then 'run CD/DVD', a message pops up saying, 'Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2' and then another message appears saying, 'Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd002.ps2' and then the ps2 screen appears giving the options 'browser' and 'system configuration'. I then close pcsx.

I then open it again and then click on file and then 'Open ELF file' then I look for a elf file but I cant find it so I click on 'ALL Files (*.*)' and then click on the ps2 rom but it still gives me the same message above.

Im using pcsx2 0.9.6.
My computer specs are:
AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.1GHz
4GB RAM
9800 GT graphics card.

What is the problem?

Sponsored links

Try running as administrator.
(05-29-2010, 05:19 PM)vsub Wrote: Try running as administrator.

I did. It still doesn't work

Btw, I didn't add any BIOS coz I saw that the 0.9.6 version already had one pre-installed....
It works now. I though I ran it as administrator before. But I still cant play the ps2 games. I got FFX by creating a disc image (.iso) from the original game. It doesn't load. When I click on 'Run CD/DVD', it just takes me to the ps2 home screen. And when I click on 'Open ELF file' and select the image file, it stops working and doesn't respond. Its not using all my CPU though...
Ok just use the Linuz Iso plugin DON'T COMPRESS your ISO ok just select it from the directory it is stored in and then try running it via "FILE->RUN CD/DVD"
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
ok. I'll try that when I have the time since Im away from the computer atm.

But when I use the Linux ISO plugin, are you sure that the ps2 home screen wont appear when I click on 'Run CD/DVD'?
Yes I am positive about that
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
(05-29-2010, 08:34 PM)Speedy42 Wrote: Ok just use the Linuz Iso plugin DON'T COMPRESS your ISO ok just select it from the directory it is stored in and then try running it via "FILE->RUN CD/DVD"

Im trying to find the Linux ISO plugin but I cant find it. Ive googled it but I still cant find it. (Are you referring to the Linux Binary?)

Can you give me a link to the Linux ISO plugin? Thanks.
Quote:Btw, I didn't add any BIOS coz I saw that the 0.9.6 version already had one pre-installed

Well, you got an unofficial version with a pirated bios, then.
closed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go