Having trouble running ZOTE on Laptop
First of all, let me mention that I'm using a Lenovo Y580 Laptop, that is on Lenovo Dynamic Graphics Power setting(apparently the highest setting ,without overclocking, for maximum performance)

Processor/CPU:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM

Video Card/GPU:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX660M 2GB with DirectX® 11

RAM: 8GB DDR3

PCSX2 Version :1.1.0 SVN 5760

Laptop is plugged into outlet, and is on top of a Cooling Pad.(the last part might not be relevant?)

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can run zone of the enders on my laptop at full speed? I've been trying out Original PS2 resolution -3x resolution(I cant run any games at good speed beyond 3x) , and none of them seem to be working. Basically when I play the game, the dialogue either skips, the audio sounds weird, or the game slows down tremendously.

For Emulation settings :
I have all speedhacks enabled(including MTVU, excluding FastCDVD)

Everything else default

Plugins:GSD SSE4-5752

Configuration of GSD:
Adapter: GTX66M
RendererLaughirect3D11(HW)
Interlacing: Auto or none. Neither really provide much speed benefits concerning Zone of the Enders

Other games like Smackdown HCTP, GTASA, Infinite World, Naruto Accel 2,BT3 work pretty well at full speed for me from native-3x resolution , but I can't seem to find the right settings for ZOTE. even when i try the original ps2 resolution

What should I do? Should I overclock my laptop? Could it be an issue with the thermal paste as to why i'm having these slowdowns?(Have never personally applied thermal paste on it yet, and i've had this laptop since the beginning of 2013 and recently heard from other people who have y580's that the thermal paste on the lappy was poorly done)

Sponsored links

(11-17-2013, 01:47 AM)John6670 Wrote: First of all, let me mention that I'm using a Lenovo Y580 Laptop, that is on Lenovo Dynamic Graphics Power setting(apparently the highest setting ,without overclocking, for maximum performance)

Processor/CPU:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM

Video Card/GPU:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX660M 2GB with DirectX® 11

RAM: 8GB DDR3

PCSX2 Version :1.1.0 SVN 5760

Laptop is plugged into outlet, and is on top of a Cooling Pad.(the last part might not be relevant?)

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can run zone of the enders on my laptop at full speed? I've been trying out Original PS2 resolution -3x resolution(I cant run any games at good speed beyond 3x) , and none of them seem to be working. Basically when I play the game, the dialogue either skips, the audio sounds weird, or the game slows down tremendously.

For Emulation settings :
I have all speedhacks enabled(including MTVU, excluding FastCDVD)

Everything else default

Plugins:GSD SSE4-5752

Configuration of GSD:
Adapter: GTX66M
RendererLaughirect3D11(HW)
Interlacing: Auto or none. Neither really provide much speed benefits concerning Zone of the Enders

Other games like Smackdown HCTP, GTASA, Infinite World, Naruto Accel 2,BT3 work pretty well at full speed for me from native-3x resolution , but I can't seem to find the right settings for ZOTE. even when i try the original ps2 resolution

What should I do? Should I overclock my laptop? Could it be an issue with the thermal paste as to why i'm having these slowdowns?(Have never personally applied thermal paste on it yet, and i've had this laptop since the beginning of 2013 and recently heard from other people who have y580's that the thermal paste on the lappy was poorly done)

Start by turning off all speedhacks(they can cause slowdown when all set to max). Edit: But you can leave on default ones, and MTVU, I am talking about EE and VU hacks mostly.

Your laptop is pretty tough, and yes a cooling pad is relevant as if it gets too hot it will slow down.

ZoE is a very demanding game. It's on:

NarooN's list of most CPU intensive games:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

as well as my list of most GPU intensive games:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

Start by turning speedhacks down to off, and then inching them back up one tick at a time until you no longer go any faster. Then report back. Meanwhile, I shall eat a sandwich.

Edit: Also, EE speedhack on max will cause skipping FMV just FYI.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD