Hello I'm new and I've got a question about SRW games
Hello:

First of all, thanks for this great emulator. I've waited for always for a emulator to play some of my favourite games in the PC. In particular I'm a fan for the Super Robot Wars games.

But I've got a question to see if I can do anything to help the game run better.

I have tried the following games:
SRW OGS
SRW Alpha 2
SRW Alpha 3
SRW Z

They all work unbeliebably well with the playground version of the emulator. I have to use the fps limit in all of them or they go too fast. However they all (with the exception of OGS that works I dare say perfectly) have the same problem. The game slows down from 60 to the 20 to 30 fps range in the maps. Which is where you spend most of your time. The thing is that 20 to 30 fps are independently of almost every choice I've made. It works just as well with 640*480 as with the 1680*1050 resolution and independently of all my speed hacks. It seems to even work the same even if I activate frame skipping. Is this possible? Could it be that I'm changing the FPS skipping options correctly? I use The G(I don't remember the full name) SS3 version of the graphics plugin which is wonderful. I want to ask if this is possible, if it is an emulator problem or what?
And I'm asking because if it weren't for the fact that OGS works so perfectly even on the map (I need as I said to limit it's speed) I would not be wondering this and would hack it up to its just how it works for now or my computer isn't good enough.

And one last question. This plugin has an option that's named internal D3D resolution which is by Default 1024*1024. What is this?

My system:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.2 Ghz
2 Gb Ram
MSI GeForce 9600GT 1 Gb Ram
Windows XP SP2.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored links

Yeah your cpu isnt good enought, try with oc, that cheap and fastest way. If you have your own vista 32 sp.1, please change your OS, and play a game with directx10 mode, in most case, you will get better fps.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Hi.

Thanks for the reply, but can you elaborate a bit, please?

First what do you mean my cpu isn't good enough? As I understand it it's one of the best. And besides as I told you the OGS game works perfectly, why the difference if it is a cpu problem?

What do you mean by trying it with oc? And I don't want to upgrade to vista because I don't like the OS. But it is nice to know that I might get better results when I do, so thank you for that.

Thanks for the help
(02-05-2009, 12:34 PM)aarelovich Wrote: My system:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.2 Ghz--Fair
2 Gb Ram--Good
MSI GeForce 9600GT 1 Gb Ram--Good but what is your ddr and bandwidth(ddr?,???-bit)
Windows XP SP2--Good

(02-05-2009, 12:34 PM)aarelovich Wrote: And one last question. This plugin has an option that's named internal D3D resolution which is by Default 1024*1024. What is this?

*yes 1024x1024 is your default D3D resolution if you select "native" you're not allowed to use that...(native is only for weak GPU like the 7300GT)
(02-05-2009, 01:11 PM)Register Wrote: Yeah your cpu isnt good enought, try with oc, that cheap and fastest way. If you have your own vista 32 sp.1, please change your OS, and play a game with directx10 mode, in most case, you will get better fps.

no need to OCed his cpu his games list will be enough to run this emulator and he is not using vista.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-05-2009, 01:26 PM)tallbender Wrote:
(02-05-2009, 12:34 PM)aarelovich Wrote: My system:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.2 Ghz--Fair
2 Gb Ram--Good
MSI GeForce 9600GT 1 Gb Ram--Good but what is your ddr and bandwidth(ddr?,???-bit)
Windows XP SP2--Good

(02-05-2009, 12:34 PM)aarelovich Wrote: And one last question. This plugin has an option that's named internal D3D resolution which is by Default 1024*1024. What is this?

*yes 1024x1024 is your default D3D resolution if you select "native" you're not allowed to use that...(native is only for weak GPU like the 7300GT)
My card has DDR3 RAM @ 800 Mhz if I recall correctly.
Why is my cpu only fair? What would be better?
And also what is OC?
Since pcsx2 program doesnt handle for quadcore until now, your clock cpu as fast as dualcore clock with same speed. Oc is overclock your cpu, but you have to proper knowledge about overclock. About vista (directx10 mode) and pcsx2, you may be unlike that OS until you tried it.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(02-05-2009, 01:30 PM)aarelovich Wrote: My card has DDR3 RAM @ 800 Mhz if I recall correctly.
Why is my cpu only fair? What would be better?
And also what is OC?

*ddr3 is better.
*why is your CPU is fair because pcsx2 does not support quad-core yet.
*btw about Overclocking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking
Ohh Ok. I know what Overclocking is. But as I understand it, isn't it dangerous. I mean is very easy for your cpu to overheat and burn, isn't it?
(02-05-2009, 01:36 PM)aarelovich Wrote: Ohh Ok. I know what Overclocking is. But as I understand it, isn't it dangerous. I mean is very easy for your cpu to overheat and burn, isn't it?

it's pretty dangerous w/o a proper defense during overclocking...it requires a very intense cpu cooler e.g. Thermaltake and Thermalright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermaltake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermalright
(02-05-2009, 01:43 PM)tallbender Wrote:
(02-05-2009, 01:36 PM)aarelovich Wrote: Ohh Ok. I know what Overclocking is. But as I understand it, isn't it dangerous. I mean is very easy for your cpu to overheat and burn, isn't it?

it's pretty dangerous w/o a proper defense during overclocking...it requires a very intense cpu cooler e.g. Thermaltake and Thermalright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermaltake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermalright

Thank you for all the help. But since I don't have that type of CPU cooler I better leave it at that. No sense on wrecking my machine for an emulator. I'll make do with what I have. I'm still convinced that I should be able to improve performance with the fps skipping or just waiting for a new version of the emulator...

What I still don't get I why my cpu is only fair? Which would be a better one? The speeds only go up to maybe like to 2.8 Ghz in the same processor line, as I understand it.