Hello! Pcsx2 crashes every time. HALP?
Heart 
Hi! I am new to all this. My old PS2 is kicking the bucket, so my xbf helped me make a bios dump of it when I found out about this emulator thingy. Smile

Now, I have my PS2 game disc, and my laptop, and the emulator, so everything should be sweet, right? Well, it is not. I tried following the directions on how to configure everything, but when I press Boot CDVD (any flavour) the program just crashes! Blink

I am attaching the screenshot of the log thingy, in hopes someone can heeeeelp me. Laugh

Thanks for your time!

xox Kitten. Happy

Sponsored links

show us your CDVD config and the rest of the pcsx2 settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-18-2010, 04:02 PM)tallbender Wrote: show us your CDVD config and the rest of the pcsx2 settings

Basically I used it right out of the box, but flipped a few things back and forth when it did not work. Blush I am not very technical, but I love gaming. Laugh

I will try and figure out what screenies you need from the images you attached. Blush Smile

Ok, how is this? ... Because I am using the original PS2 disc, I chose the cdvd Gigaherz thingy that only asks for a drive letter. Smile

try rip your ps2 disc to ISO using IMGburn then mount it on the Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-18-2010, 04:24 PM)tallbender Wrote: try rip your ps2 disc to ISO using IMGburn then mount it on the Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio

Thank you very much for the reply, Tallbender. I am downloading IMGburn now! ... Ooo it crashed, Blush Laugh

I'll try it again. Wacko Laugh
(11-18-2010, 04:24 PM)tallbender Wrote: try rip your ps2 disc to ISO using IMGburn then mount it on the Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio
OMGOMG! You are BRILLIANT! Excl Laugh *bighug!*

The opening movie played! Now I think it is sitting on the title screen (you know, showing bits of the gameplay) but the screen turned into this:

Now what do I do? Biggrin And can my keyboard take the place of a gamepad?

Thanks again!
xox Kitten Happy

Edit! Ok, I figured out my game is not perfectly playable with this program, so I am going to try and rip another that has a "playable" rating and let you know. Laugh
Well, thanks again for the hint. Biggrin Although I would not have minded playing directly from the disc, I am sure this is BETTER, because now I can store my disc away safely, and still play the game! Laugh

Did I mention I finally figured out how to configure the keyboard, and now the game PLAYS ON MY LAPTOP! Yayyyyy!Excl Cool

Thanks for your help,
xoxo Kitten Happy
(11-18-2010, 06:25 PM)Kitten Wrote: Well, thanks again for the hint. Biggrin Although I would not have minded playing directly from the disc, I am sure this is BETTER, because now I can store my disc away safely, and still play the game! Laugh

Did I mention I finally figured out how to configure the keyboard, and now the game PLAYS ON MY LAPTOP! Yayyyyy!Excl Cool

Thanks for your help,
xoxo Kitten Happy

I'm always legitimately happy when somebody new is first introduced to emulation and doesn't use it just for piracy. Congrats on your success and I hope you get to enjoy the emulation scene to the fullest.