Help Configuring WO Fusion and Pulse
Hi.  I'm sorry that I'm new here and I'm already asking for help but I've looked around the forum and haven't found any answers that solve my issues.

I am using the stable release of 1.4.0 and I want to run the Wipeout games.  

Wipeout Fusion has slowdown which is particularly bad in the first map.  I've tried OGL, D3D9 and D3D11 all in hardware and software modes.  Everything else is on default and I've even tried running the hardware modes in PS 2 native resolution.

I don't think it's a bottleneck on my end.  I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64 on an i7 4770k CPU and GTX 780 GPU.  I've got 8 gigs of RAM.  I would presume my machine is fast enough for the emulator.

The other issue I have is with the vehicle shadows in Wipeout Pulse.  I've seen threads mention the issue arising on any of the hardware modes and the game does run well enough in software mode.  However, I wonder, since there is no fix for this glitch in HW mode, is there a way to switch off the shadows?

Again, sorry for being the typical noob asking for help but these are the only two games I really want to play and I have problems with both!

Thanks in advance for any constructive answers. Smile

Sponsored links

I'd recommend enabling the MTVU hack and bump the EE cyclerate hack one to the right. You might be able to use skipdraw in your GSDX settings to remove the shadows. The Alpha hack may also do that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
This game just might be really demanding, I think I remember it slowing down on my pc too.
i'd guess fusion suffers from ipu sync. it's using 'video textures' for the billboards. the ipu got alil considerably slow somewhen. and some corners (for example the back entry to the start - that path thru the city) on that track are just slow. lotta stuff on screen or in the background. dunno any fix for that tho. *shrugs*

for testing purposes: you could get a 100% safegame and play the large version of the first track and jump down the cliff to the start when the whole city is rendered. does that work? Smile
Thanks for the replies but none of the suggestions changed anything. Looks like my PC's not quite good enough for Fusion and the emulator's not quite good enough for Pulse. Tongue

@dabore: If I find a 100% savegame I'll give your testing suggestion a try. Smile
What are your EE, GS and VU percentages at the top of the window? Your PC should be fine for those games I believe.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-14-2016, 12:18 AM)refraction Wrote: What are your EE, GS and VU percentages at the top of the window? Your PC should be fine for those games I believe.
I can run Fusion effortlessly on OpenGL with inferior PC specs and a AMD videocard, using no speedhacks, so that shouldn't be the problem.

The game does suffer from some slowdown and bugs on PS2 as well, so be sure to check if it's the emulator slowing down below 100% emulation speed or if it's just the game.

Edit: Be sure to turn off the MTVU speedhack, it will slow the game down.
(02-14-2016, 12:18 AM)refraction Wrote: What are your EE, GS and VU percentages at the top of the window? Your PC should be fine for those games I believe.

When the slow down occurs EE is 100 and the emulation speed drops to 85%-90%.  GS never goes above 35.

@Flatout:  I've switched MTVU back off.  Getting the above results.  I thought that that hack was fine on 4 core CPU's?

Smile
(02-14-2016, 07:00 PM)Hot Violet Wrote: When the slow down occurs EE is 100 and the emulation speed drops to 85%-90%.  GS never goes above 35.

@Flatout:  I've switched MTVU back off.  Getting the above results.  I thought that that hack was fine on 4 core CPU's?

Smile
The hack should be fine, but there was another case where it slowed down this game on a CPU that should run it without speeddrops.

Are you using any (widescreen)patches?
^
I'm not using any patches and all settings are on default. That's part of my confusion. Not sure why my PC is getting humped here.