Help Configuring pcsx2 for ZOE2
ok.. first my computer:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz x2
4 GB DDR2
nVidia 8500 GT 512 Overclocked to 533mhz GPU 400mhz RAM
Running windows XP SP3 32 bit

I can run most pc games at 115fps+

Trying to set up PCSX2 to run Zone of the Enders 2

have tried many differant configurations but still cannot seem to get a smooth running game. i think i topped out at 48fps but then froze on a cut scene. Any body have any help they can offer i would greatly appreciate it
First time running PCSX2 have tried most of the graphic plugins with varying results

Thanx
Tripdoc

Sponsored links

first thing to keep in mind: don't compare pc games with running ps2 games on a pc. your performance with crysis, supreme commander or whatever on high details/resolution/etc. won't tell you anything about your performance with pcsx2. both your cpu and gpu are below the recommended specs for pcsx2, so you'll need at least some speed hacks to run most games fluently, especially the 3d ones. try the latest beta of pcsx2 and its plugins, enable some speed hacks (especially the vu cycle stealing) and run the game as an iso image directly from your hdd with the linuziso cdvd plugin. also, you might consider switching to vista/win7 for directx10 support, as the dx10 mode of gsdx is usually the fastest and most compatible option.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
yeah i downloaded the beta gave it a shot it seems a little smoother but stilll have the same issues.. right now i have alchohol 120 with the image mounted to a virtual drive i will try the linuziso plugin and try it out my current settings under speed hacks and cpu are as folllows

Speed Hacks:
EE Sync Hacks> Use 2x Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack

CPU Config:
EErec
VU0
VU1
Multi Thread

VU Skip settings are:
Custom FPS Limit = 0
Skip Frames when lower than = 60
Consecutive Frames b4 Skipping = 2
Consecutive frames to skip = 2

Advanced options:
EE Recs Options>
Chop/Zero
Clamp =None
Flush and Denormals

VU Recs Options>
Chop/Zero
Clamp =None
Flush and Denormals

Using Gsdx 1476 Graphic plugin SSE2 Default Settings in Windowed mode
erm, did you install the whole beta package? cause in the later beta revisions of pcsx2 "vu skip" was replaced with the new speed hack "vu cycle stealing", which you should definitely try. and set gsdx to native.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Please Give me your PCSX2 Emulator
I can't play Mortal Kombat Armageddon well
Upload it here please
http://www.mediafire.com
We don't allow random distributions of PCSX2 here. You can get the official releases and betas from the official PCSX2 site.
Edit: And don't revive 2 month old threads to ask stuff like that
[Image: newsig.jpg]