[Help] Dark Cloud Speedup
(06-02-2011, 01:44 PM)InnocentSam Wrote: EDIT EDIT: If I upgraded to 64bit, I could use the rest of my RAM. Would that make it playable?

Sponsored links

(06-02-2011, 01:44 PM)InnocentSam Wrote: EDIT EDIT: If I upgraded to 64bit, I could use the rest of my RAM. Would that make it playable?

No.
If I overclocked my CPU, would THAT make it playable?
Depends how much, but AMD 64 is simply slow and will be even with moderate OC(remember it's "Ghz" doesn't really equal to c2d "Ghz" 2,8ghz will surely be NOT ENOUGHTongue), if you don't know what you're doing, you can trash your cpu completely instead of making the game playable.
I guess that the AMD Phenom hexa-core is the way to go, then...

Would that work on my ASRock N68-S? http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-1090T...437&sr=1-4
Ok so it would work Tongue

Would the same thing but a quad core work? http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-3-2GH...119&sr=8-2
Well as long as it's am2+/am3(edit: and need 95W max as that's max of your mobo) compatible it will work, but it'll not be such great upgrade. In the end you would need new GPU for most 3D games too to get nicer graphics and also speed as dx9 works often(I mean in GSdx) like 2x slower than dx10/11 and for that you would need new windows too.

You could just stay with what you have untill you can upgrade all of it and then buy something trully better. It's not like the world will end or something(hehe I bet somebody says it willTongue). Later this year or early in the next the prices for all those can potentially go much lower, especially if you would be buying used parts as new generation of cpu's and gpu's will be released and potentially mess around in the market. I would wait at least that few months with any upgrade if I were you and then made a mayor upgrade.
Well the best CPU I can get is http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-HDX840WFGMBO...298&sr=8-1

because my mobo is *****. So, new plans, I can either:
1) Upgrade to the above
2) Find a good processor+mobo bundle

Price has to be lower than £150
Well that cpu would probably increase your fps and allow to play more games unless your GPU would slow it down - you can try first if decreasing the internal res in GSdx will not speed up your game in those laggy places - it's possible your GPU have problems rendering bigger locations - if it's already in "native" res, you can uncheck it and set custom res to like 384x384 or even lower and if you notice a speedup, then your GPU have problems in those laggy places, if the speed will not increase doing so, then GPU is ok and surely the CPU upgrade will do the job with speed increase.

I can say this phenom will run lots of games at full speed except of some more demanding ones, unless your GPU will slow them down. Then again if your limit is £150 then waiting a few months could not only drop the prices with new cpu/gpu being released, but also increase your limit a bit and then you could get a full upgrade to your systemTongue. Like I said I would do that, althrough it's a point that with this year global economy problems decrease in prices aren't soo "sure" like previously. It's your cpu soo your choice. Only thing to add - if you do buy it, don't try to OC it at this mobo you have, maybe it's not soo bad generally, but OC will increase your CPU TDP and you're already buying 95W CPU with your mobo limit being same.