Help Needed
I recently bought two games, Okami and dark cloud
I had put my ps2 away some time ago, so it was sitting on a shelf, but when I went to get it I accentually dropped it off the shelf, so it smashed on the floor, however I did buy it second hand, and the guy who sold it to me said it was a bit sketchy so i grabbed the bios so is could play the games on my pc in case of a crash (so glad I did that Laugh )

i set up pcsx2 and put the bios in, then I went and put dark cloud in, works perfectly, then I grabbed the ISO of the disc and try running it of the ISO rather than the disk, also works perfectly

but then I put Okami in, running that of a disc just give me a red screen
telling me to insert a a PS or a PS2 formatted disk
and if I try to run it of an ISO, same thing happens!

please help me !!!

I really want to play Okami, and I don't want to have to buy a new ps2

Sponsored links

What do you use to make the iso's? We recommend using imgburn from here http://www.imgburn.com as it seems to be most successful in making working ISO's
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I use Isoburn
can you remake the iso with the above program? Thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

if the okami disc is scratched or dirty then making the iso my not work. the disc has to be proper for a perfect iso to be made
Have you ever tried pulling a DVD apart ? The writeable part of the disc is paper thin and the rest is plastic Excl. So no scratch is deep enough that it can't be polished/buffed away... But be careful...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(10-24-2012, 06:20 PM)ps2freak Wrote: Have you ever tried pulling a DVD apart ? The writeable part of the disc is paper thin and the rest is plastic Excl. So no scratch is deep enough that it can't be polished/buffed away... But be careful...

most of the data is at the top anyway, if it is scratched on the top it could damage the data, unles you have been cutting with a blade on the bottom then it could reach th edata but no one with a right mind does that Tongue2
the disk is in near perfect condition, I can only see a few tiny scratches, and none of them look like they could be causing corrupt files. i have a pioneer DVD reader hooked up to my computer and it can read almost any disk, I could smash a DVD to pieces, have my cat eat it, then put the cat in the reader and it would still read it perfectly, so its probably not the disk, I had it read it at the slowest speed as well.

I have been thinking if this might be the bios
could that be causing it?
(10-24-2012, 06:40 PM)Hyena96 Wrote: I have been thinking if this might be the bios
could that be causing it?

no.

re-rip the game through imgburn and try again (if you havent already)
already tried img burn twice, also tried once with InfraRecorder, didn't work