Help- Newbie...
Sad 
Im new here, just downloaded pcsx2 yesterday & im haveing trouble with it, hopefully someone can help me here.
Im trying to run "Guitar Hero Smash Hits" but it crashes everytime- all the first vids go fine, then i get the "press any button to start" screen & the sound gets all choppy & the CPU on the top of the window says 99%, & the FPS is about 7-15. after pressing the button sometimes I can hear the audio get back to normal for like half a sec & then it crashes.
I tried messing around with the options etc, after I unchecked all the boxes on "config->cpu" & set Frame limitting to Limit the game I got past the "press any button to start" screen (with the sound & video being choppy from the start), it asked me to create a save file, after succesfully creating it the game crashed...even if it wouldnt crash it would still be unplayable but still at least i was making progress, lol.
Any help, Please??

windows vista 32bit
intel dual core
Ram 2GB
Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT

Im not sure if more info is needed...hopefully thats enoughBlush

Sponsored links

well, the cpu usage indicates that your gpu is probably the bottleneck for this game, try the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and plugins from here. and what dual core exactly, pentium d or core2duo e.g.? i have no idea how well this game runs currently, but post your pcsx2 and plugin config anyway, perhaps a user who tested the game might help you with the proper config for this game then.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
try to get all the betas, pcsx2 exe and plugins, because before beta (I dont remeber, was it 1371?) all the guitar heros post II are unsupported by the emulator. however it is only in-game, because there are a lot of graphic errors, however I think that the main part is there and is playable
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
ok i tried the beta version, now i can get in to all the menus (game is still choppy from "press any button to start" screen). after choosing a song i get the loading screen, & after it finishes loading the game freezes & crashes...I've downloaded the beta with the pluggins & left the settings as they were (except for cddvdrom-im using Linuz Iso 0.9.0)
so...any advice?