Help Optimizing PCSX2 for my PC
My PC Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3.0 GHz
RAM: 3070 MB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 (256 MB)
Sound: Generic Onboard
HDD: Maxtor 500 GB HDD

Currently trying to run Dragon Quest VIII (mainly because it was one of the games that was 'playable' according to this website). I've been doing a little tweaking on my end from (with the help of the guide provided).

PCSX2 Beta 791 Config:

- GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 - (what my Processor supported)
  • Resolution: Windowed
  • Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware) - (my card supports DirectX10)
  • Pixel Shader 2.0 (DirectX10 - unchangable)
  • Interlacing: Weave BFF (sawtooth)
  • Aspect Ratio (16:9)
  • D3D Internal Res: Native
  • Texture filtering enabled

- SPU2-X 1.1.0 - default settings

- First/Second Controller - XPad 0.1.0

- CDVD ROM - Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
  • I am using Clone Drive to mount the ISO instead of burning it. Will that cause any issues?

- BIOS - USA v01.60 (07/02/2002) Console

With these options I get around 30 - 35 FPS ingame, and a severe sound slow down. I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direct in concerns to what options I should enable to fix issues regarding sound, and give me a FPS upgrade without making the game... terrible?

Sponsored links

if you can get another .2ghz from your cpu, also turn on some speed hacks, i just use 1.5ee and the 2 on the side. (at colloge cant see right now)
also make sure that in advanced that denominals are zero and flush to zero are checked.
in city's you will get hard lag spikes, but you should be fine running around outside citys and in battles.
i go from 60 fps outside and ive bottomd to around 35 in that first city.
hopefully that helps.
[Image: 1816969.png]
Okay I've been doing some tweaking with the options and this is what I've come up with. I'm averaging 55-60 FPS indoors and in battles (I haven't progressed far enough to see the overworld). Inside of towns I average 45-55 FPS (with slight hiccups, dropping the FPS down to around 30-35 FPS). So far the only visual errors I've seen have been text boxes flickering and at times characters flicker as well. I had PCSX2 crash twice during a cutscene when you're forced out of Farebury.

Here is what I have so far. If you can give me tips to increase FPS (without sacrificing fluidity) it'd be appreciated.

Config:
[Image: stage01.jpg]

Graphics:
[Image: stage02.jpg]

Sound:
[Image: stage03.jpg]

CPU:
[Image: stage04.jpg]

Speed Hack:
[Image: stage05.jpg]

Advanced:
[Image: stage06.jpg]

Notes:

- I'm not entirely sure why, but VU skip has worked best for me, I haven't encountered any artifacting whatsoever in the few minutes I was playtesting.
- I disabled the 'WaitCycle sync' hack, it seems it causes the game to crash between load points. I haven't confirmed this, but it seems like the likely cause (since it was noted it may cause crashes)
- I am not entirely sure what some of the options under advanced do, so I've left it alone pretty much.
try VUskip, it'll render 60fps on ANY game, if it doesn't leave artifacts onscreen like it does in the .Hack series
(03-18-2009, 08:58 PM)Saiki Wrote: try VUskip, it'll render 60fps on ANY game, if it doesn't leave artifacts onscreen like it does in the .Hack series
Okay, now the flickering issue is quite severe. Also game continues to crash at the same point.
There is nothing you can do. No matter how bloated/optimized your pc is, all of your games will still run slow-ish at sub-4ghz, especially with non-core 2 duo

oh yeah, don't use zerogs. It's 50% slower from my experience. You could play disgaea at decent fps. I'm OCD about it, I want to run game at least at 200% cuz I hate slow.
go on cpu settings and put 50 on skip frames when slower than as tht is the normal frame to play roms anyway and go on speed hacked and i put 3x cycle rate tht will make it dead fast but with the skip frames when slower than 50 it will put 50 as ur maximum and will makesure it stays there wa i did and now mine works perfect my only problem with mine is it seems to say it has a problem and turns off during game play but i tihnk tht is my graphics card as it is a 7600gt 256mb but tht isnt the problem like graphics r spot on not a problem with my final fantasy x just not compatible with alot of stuff so im going to upgrade mine soon hope this helps alot
and i only have 2.13 dual core cpu and 3gb ram and most ppl say tht they have loads more still its perfect on mine hope wa i send a while back helped
Kallumsmart: You're replying to a nearly 5 month old thread. This topic is long since dead.