Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! PCSX2/PS3 DualShock 3/MotionInJoy - recognized, but not working "in-game"
Okay, here's the short version.

Installed MotioninJoy 0004 beta 2 (MotioninJoy_040002_x86.zip) as per instructions at http://www.motioninjoy.com/help. Hardware is Original Sony PS3 Dualshock/SixAxis Model: CECHZC2U on Intel Xeon W3520/Intel X58 (82801JR) /ICH10R chipset and USB, O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32-bit).

I can successfully view the status of the DualShock 3 (1, connected via USB) and see the LEDs updating in the DS3Tool.

I can view the controller from Control Panel -> Other Hardware.

I can open PCSX2 (Beta 1888) and LilyPad 0.10 (SVN r2591) and do Configure -> Device Diagnostics -> DX MotioninJoy Virtual Game Controller -> Test Device and see that PCSX2 is receiving input from the controller. In LilyPad I have mappings for both PS2 Control and PC Control on Pad 1.

I can also go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> PLAYSTATION ® 3 Controller -> (right-click) Game Controller Settings -> Properties and see that it is receiving input from ALL of the controller buttons.

Unfortunately, I cannot get my games (DragonBall Z, Budokai 3 and Over The Hedge - both original PS2 discs) to respond to input from the PS3 DS...only USB keyboard works. By switching to SSSPSX Pad 1.7.1 I was able to play DBZ B3, but LilyPad does not work at all. Neither plugin works with Naruto/Ultimate Ninja 5 either original or ISO.

Is there something I'm missing? HELLLPPPP!!

NOTE: I have not tried with Libusb and LilyPad "Dualshock 3 Native mode" because every time I install, it disables both keyboard and mouse (even when installing in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP2)...or maybe I forgot to enable RunAs Administrator). Again, this is on Win7 32-bit...so I should not have any driver signing issues.

TIA,
Alphastar

P.S. Pressing the PS button on the DualShock 3 controller doesn't seem to do anything (not in-game, or LilyPad or Win7). Also, I don't think I've ever seen the controller 1 (red LED) alone lit. I either get all 4 flashing in sequence (slow sometimes, fast sometimes) or all 4 controller LEDs ALL lit (like right now). Holding the PS button doesn't do anything to the LEDs either.

Attached Files
.txt   Mijlog.txt (Size: 1,29 KB / Downloads: 1.292)

Sponsored links

(04-27-2010, 04:03 PM)alphastar Wrote: Okay, here's the short version.

Installed MotioninJoy 0004 beta 2 (MotioninJoy_040002_x86.zip) as per instructions at http://www.motioninjoy.com/help. Hardware is Original Sony PS3 Dualshock/SixAxis Model: CECHZC2U on Intel Xeon W3520/Intel X58 (82801JR) /ICH10R chipset and USB, O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32-bit).

I can successfully view the status of the DualShock 3 (1, connected via USB) and see the LEDs updating in the DS3Tool.

I can view the controller from Control Panel -> Other Hardware.

I can open PCSX2 (Beta 1888) and LilyPad 0.10 (SVN r2591) and do Configure -> Device Diagnostics -> DX MotioninJoy Virtual Game Controller -> Test Device and see that PCSX2 is receiving input from the controller. In LilyPad I have mappings for both PS2 Control and PC Control on Pad 1.

I can also go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> PLAYSTATION ® 3 Controller -> (right-click) Game Controller Settings -> Properties and see that it is receiving input from ALL of the controller buttons.

Unfortunately, I cannot get my games (DragonBall Z, Budokai 3 and Over The Hedge - both original PS2 discs) to respond to input from the PS3 DS...only USB keyboard works. By switching to SSSPSX Pad 1.7.1 I was able to play DBZ B3, but LilyPad does not work at all. Neither plugin works with Naruto/Ultimate Ninja 5 either original or ISO.

Is there something I'm missing? HELLLPPPP!!

NOTE: I have not tried with Libusb and LilyPad "Dualshock 3 Native mode" because every time I install, it disables both keyboard and mouse (even when installing in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP2)...or maybe I forgot to enable RunAs Administrator). Again, this is on Win7 32-bit...so I should not have any driver signing issues.

TIA,
Alphastar

P.S. Pressing the PS button on the DualShock 3 controller doesn't seem to do anything (not in-game, or LilyPad or Win7). Also, I don't think I've ever seen the controller 1 (red LED) alone lit. I either get all 4 flashing in sequence (slow sometimes, fast sometimes) or all 4 controller LEDs ALL lit (like right now). Holding the PS button doesn't do anything to the LEDs either.

Start up motoninjoy and be sure to hit enable. You need to erase keyboard controls and use pad 1 for controller buttons.
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Thanks a mil, *jmuuss*! I realize (now) that the "PC Controls" and "PS2 Controls" both refer to the Keyboard input, and not the DualShock 3.

After clearing the Keyboard mappings and inputting the keys using "Configure -> Lilypad -> Pad 1" in PCSX2 all worked as expected.

Now if only the Load Bindings files for LilyPad were available/included somewhere...

Cheers,
alphastar.

BTW, for the uninitiated, the red LEDs (all 4 of them) on the DualShock/SixAxis 3 stayed solid red (I guess this indicates that the controller is fully charged via USB). I'm assuming this is the normal operating mode when using 1 DualShock 3 controller and MotioninJoy on a PC (i.e. not with the "1" LED lit indicating that you are on Controller 1, as when connected to a PlayStation 3 console unit).
Thats odd, I use ver 3 of motioninjoy and it stays at 1 light. I tried ver 4 which didn't work (64 bit...), but it did that. Not exactly sure what it indicates. Be sure to turn off your playstation. Tongue
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
LOL, I have a PS2...no wireless.

On another note, I think MotioninJoy is being updated. Attaching the screens I am getting now (as of today) from DS3_Tool, plus my LilyPad binding.

Cheers,
alphastar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got a problem while configurating Pad 1. When I have to configurate the Analog Stick, it moves the mouse and doesn't recognize it. What I have to do?? Help Sad
Firstly, don't necro a REALLY old thread with a problem, if you have a problem, make a new one. Hijacking somebody elses (especially a dead thread) is considered rude and bad forum practice.

secondly, can you explain your issue a bit more clearly? Are you trying to make your mouse the analog stick? or when you try to configure it it just makes your mouse move? I don't understand..

Please explain this in detail in your new thread.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!