Help PCSX2
Hello there I've been running version 0.9.6 of PCSX2 and I needed help for making it run faster. The main problem I have been having now is that the sound will skip, but the visual looks fine to me this is the plugins I have been running currently.
[Image: plugins.jpg]
The computer I have is a Acer Aspire One Model No. ZG5.
CPU Vendor-GenuineIntel
Family-Intel® Atom™ CPU N270
CPU Speed- 1597 MHz
RAM- .98 GB

That is all I know about the computer. I haven't added anything to it to make it a stronger computer.

Any help on what plugins I should use or anything else to help me would be well appreciated.

Sponsored links

you should grab the latest beta from here and then try it,but i can tell you that with those specs you are lucky that the emu will run at all,beacuse both cpu and gpu are pretty bad for pcsx2.You need at least a 3.0 dual core processor and a nvidia 8800 to run the emu somewhat "nice".
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
I had pcsx2 running on my old compaq with a single core processor, just was not playable, I now have a better pc and I am having the same problems.

my specs are as follows
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 2.9 GHz
RAM: 4gb DDR3 memory
Videocard: NVidia Geforce GT 220
@codemasterada : depends on the game
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-13-2010, 09:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: @codemasterada : depends on the game

yea I noticed, I got rpg maker 3 to run at 60 fps, I just need inuyasha secret of the cursed mask to work proporly, I am close on that one.

suikoden 5 hangs after the intro so you have to skip it, I can't get a decent fps for this game.

The latest beta helped out alot.
Rainbow 
(02-13-2010, 01:51 AM)princeoftennis03 Wrote: Hello there I've been running version 0.9.6 of PCSX2 and I needed help for making it run faster. The main problem I have been having now is that the sound will skip, but the visual looks fine to me this is the plugins I have been running currently.
The computer I have is a Acer Aspire One Model No. ZG5.
CPU Vendor-GenuineIntel
Family-Intel® Atom™ CPU N270
CPU Speed- 1597 MHz
RAM- .98 GB

That is all I know about the computer. I haven't added anything to it to make it a stronger computer.

Any help on what plugins I should use or anything else to help me would be well appreciated.

(Princeoftennis03) download this link:
*removed* Seriously 0.9.2? That's YEARS old.

once you have the {PCSX2 0.9.2 Watermoose-VM} use the GSdx9 (msvc 14.00) 0.9.0 graphics plugin.
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D.
Shader: pixel shader 1.1
All boxes below unchecked

The sound plugin I used is SPU2null 0.7.1 (try others if you like).

Cdvdrom use (linuzappz Iso CDVD Driver 0.5.0)

Next go to "CPU" in Config.
EErec- EE/IOP recompiler (need MMX/SSE) -checked-
Vuorec- checked
Vu1rec- checked
Multi threaded GS mode (MTGS)- unchecked (if results need testing check)
Dual Core Mode (DC)- Unchecked (if results need testing check)
USE (frame skip) or (Vu Skip)

Last make sure you use (MSconfig) in run to stop the use of programs not need to run PCSX2. Check online to find out what certain programs do in "Service" & "Startup" in msconfig

After doing this I was able to play Capcom vs. Snk 2 at 15-17 frames per second in game on my acer aspire one d250. Smile

CPU Vendor-GenuineIntel
Family-Intel® Atom™
CPU Speed- 1597 MHz
RAM- .98 GB
160GB HD