Help Please!
(02-05-2009, 02:54 PM)MoonStoneX Wrote: Sorry about that

CPU

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz

RAM

3.00GB
(02-05-2009, 12:51 PM)tabasket Wrote: maybe your cpu is overheating, mine used to until i cleaned it out -.-

what would happen is it i would play for a little on full speed, then the fps would suddenly turn to crud and stay like that. So the comp limiting the cpu usage to prevent more overheating and eventual burn out.

other than than-when you say its 60-80 fps for a few minutes, does that mean during the time that the game is starting up and going to the menu to start new/load game? or actually IN game.

What do you mean by Cleaning out your CPU?

During Gameplay like in the Town and in the Dungeons its like 60~80fps but it suddenly go's to like 5~10fps.

i rly dont think ur problem is ur gpu, i can disable my laptops SLI so im only using one 7950 nvidia card and get same performance.

So ya, how ur saying that the fps goes to crud is the same thing that happened to me before.

what i meant by 'cleaning' was using a compressed air can to clean out the dust in ur computer case. dust skrews up ur computers cooling.

so get can of compressed air (not co2), shut off comp, open case, and blow away...be careful while doing it of course and keep small distance.

Btw, since ur comp (even though its quad its only using 2 cores) has almost same CPU power as my laptop (meaning not that much), try using VU skip to keep fps high.
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s

Sponsored links

(02-05-2009, 03:08 PM)tabasket Wrote:

CPU

RAM

3.00GB
(02-05-2009, 12:51 PM)tabasket Wrote: maybe your cpu is overheating, mine used to until i cleaned it out -.-

what would happen is it i would play for a little on full speed, then the fps would suddenly turn to crud and stay like that. So the comp limiting the cpu usage to prevent more overheating and eventual burn out.

other than than-when you say its 60-80 fps for a few minutes, does that mean during the time that the game is starting up and going to the menu to start new/load game? or actually IN game.

During Gameplay like in the Town and in the Dungeons its like 60~80fps but it suddenly go's to like 5~10fps.

i rly dont think ur problem is ur gpu, i can disable my laptops SLI so im only using one 7950 nvidia card and get same performance.

So ya, how ur saying that the fps goes to crud is the same thing that happened to me before.

what i meant by 'cleaning' was using a compressed air can to clean out the dust in ur computer case. dust skrews up ur computers cooling.

so get can of compressed air (not co2), shut off comp, open case, and blow away...be careful while doing it of course and keep small distance.

Thanks I'll try that out.
This problem would make sense if PCSX2 was very GPU intensive. I had that issue on another game where all it needed was a good clean with the can of air and to knock some of the special effects down a bit; the second you reached the limit of what the graphics card was able to hold as far as ram the rendering would slow down from 40-60fps to 12-20. You might be reaching your limit fairly quickly, so try lowering the amount of information behind held by the mobo ram and the gfx ram i.e resolution.
(02-05-2009, 03:10 PM)MoonStoneX Wrote:
(02-05-2009, 03:08 PM)tabasket Wrote:

CPU

RAM

3.00GB

Thanks I'll try that out.

WOW its amazing how much Dmg Dust can do to a CPU. I Just cleaned and my Games and Everything is running Much Faster now.
glad I could help ^^

weird though, when my laptop was really dusty, it would sometimes crash. It wouldn't crash when playing the super intense pcsx2, but it would if i played WoW or Lineage 2 long enough -.-
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s