Help! Random Lag Spikes When Playing Games...
(06-07-2014, 01:18 AM)Theansan00 Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7ftd8bbiinmxq...spikes.avi

I'm not sure, but this game is applied a language patch?
On the video, the first memory card load scene's language is Japanese, but other game scene's language is English (ie. battle menus)
If so, I guess that the language patch is the cause.

Sponsored links

Nah that's FFX International, with language set to English. The memcard screen is still in Japanese regardless.

However I notice in the title it says "Japanese Voice" so it may be an undub. If that's the case, that COULD be the problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-07-2014, 09:05 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Nah that's FFX International, with language set to English. The memcard screen is still in Japanese regardless.

However I notice in the title it says "Japanese Voice" so it may be an undub. If that's the case, that COULD be the problem.

naa don't think so i have the original EU Platinum version too riped to ISO on my PC but i prefer the JPN undub on games so i allways try to get undub if i can, the original acts the same and this isn't on just FFX it's on all games i have, i play mostly Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 in US), Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3, and the Atelier Series.

but i think it's my MB that is the cause i resently got a bluesceen with error code "0x0000007f" and that translates to Corrupt memory or Bad RAM or Broken MB...

i will try re installing Windows one more time and if it still gives me BSOD i will replace the MB..
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 4,5GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 4GB Super Overclocked 1,43GHz
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Professional-M Z77
Ram: 16GB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Red 3TB x2
Run memtest or windows memory diagnostic to test RAM.

If it's in ALL those games then it's definitely something suspicious like your machine. But just make sure you nail the problem before replacing parts, unless you are rich.

You said this didn't happen in Win 7 but does in 8? Is there any reason you want to use 8 so badly? Also, are you sure your mobo and other drivers are all correctly installed and up to date in 8?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-08-2014, 12:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Run memtest or windows memory diagnostic to test RAM.

If it's in ALL those games then it's definitely something suspicious like your machine. But just make sure you nail the problem before replacing parts, unless you are rich.

You said this didn't happen in Win 7 but does in 8? Is there any reason you want to use 8 so badly? Also, are you sure your mobo and other drivers are all correctly installed and up to date in 8?
i re-configured my BIOS following a highly Good Rated Guide and
i havn't had any BSOD since so hopefully i won't get it in the future but no change in the Emulator...

no no i said that it worked great in windows 8.1 pro x64 but not in Windows 7 Pro x64... but when i installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 again it was no diffrent from Windows 7 Pro x64
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
2. That's because PCSX2 is x86?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
KeyToTruth12:
no no x86 is 32-bit and x64 is 64-bit, 64-bit systems are still just as compatible as 32-bit systems, the reason 32-bit is named x86 instead of x32
is because x86 was part of the name on the Microprocessor used in 32-bit CPU's, x64 is part of the name for the name in the Microprocessor used in 64-bit CPU's, thou every Processor now a day's are a 64-bit processor

Blyss Sarania:
I think i solved my problem... i noticed that i had lots of Optional Updates for Windows, one of them witch said it fixes peformance issues in Windows 7 based systems and after i installed all optional updates, i only got lagspikes at scene transfer like you "Blyss Sarania", magic, skills, Aeons, character change work smooth now.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
I'm sorry everyone i those Windows updates fixed my error for about 2 restarts of the Emulator but i found a fix that reduced the amout of lagspikes i have, i put "Round Mode" to "Positive" on both EE/IOP and VU and i don't notice any more lag spike, well it's not completely gone i can get one sometimes but it's anoying any more one lagspike a battle, idon't care about that.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec: