Help! Random Lag Spikes When Playing Games...
I have a powerfull system, i can run the most resent PC games on max, i've had no trouble with "PCSX2 1.2.1" befor yet since i installed Windows 7 Pro x64 from Windows 8.1 pro x64 (I installed Win 7 Pro again to get better Driver Support and to use my MB's Utilities) i've started getting wierd lag spikes when using "EE/IOP Clamp Mode: Full". I use this setting to get the characters and bosses in Final Fantasy X to face the right way. every time anything happends in the game it comes, when battles start, wjen i use Magic, when i summon Aeons, even textboxes and subtitles result in this wierd lag spike in witch the game hits 0 frames for 2-4 seconds and ***** up my Ingame audio (Music, Vioces, SFX) for about 5-10 seconds after that, it's really anoying, i had no Problems in Windows 8.1 Pro x64 there it ran smoothly without any kind of lag but now in Windows 7 Pro x64... this

happends in any game i try...

any kind of help is appreciated.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 4,5GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 4GB Super Overclocked 1,43GHz
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Professional-M Z77
Ram: 16GB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Red 3TB x2

Sponsored links

Your cpu sounds like it struggles for that brief period of time.

Magic (especially fire and demi) will cause your gpu to struggle for that brief period of time. Not much you can do except overclock. And back down the clamps when not facing bosses.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I doubt it's the CPU or GPU as they both outclass mine and I just finished a playthrough without any of those problems (and I kept my clamps and rounds set to the proper settings the whole way). That is, unless your GSdx settings are WAY over the top. I ran at 4x native and 4x MSAA.

Try enabling Async Audio in SPU 2 X config, and that will keep you from noticing the audio issue.

Also if you are playing from disc, make an ISO and play from that.

Also make sure to disable 8 bit textures.

You said 2-4 seconds it stops. Seriously there is no reason for it to stop that long. The worst I had was this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
turn off eist ( aka speed step) the cpu is probably be clocked back by speedstep. Make sure you have profile for pcsx2 in NVCP set to max performance. Even IF cpu and gpu arnt being clock back I recommand doing this as PCSX2 has it moments where it does clock speed back on both cpu/gpu and i just prefer no go or emulations to ever do that hence have eist turned off and run my gpu in max performance.

put clamp back to default settings as nothing needed to be messed with to get FFX to work correct.. And by defualt the randomly put enemies and your party face opposite directions its part of battle system some times you get the advantage some time they get advantage. FFX been doing that since for ever.

Audio speed it tied to FPS speed it done like that cause that is how ps2 works so that how the emulator works, doing what Blyss says can help but could also cause other issue.

My pc alot older and less power full and i 0 problems with FFX it runs 60 fps 4x Af 8 and gsdx shader enabled other then 2d to 3d scene changes cause dips in fps
DaTankAC:
that you said about Magic (fire and demi) it's not that it struggles during magic it's when i initiate it from the menu as fast as i hit "X" on any comand from the manu it can happend, the spells them self don't lag one bit, something as simple as a textbox/subtitle can cause my Lag spikes.
it's connected to any input i do like i pressed on "Ultima" or i pressed "blizzard" or i Pressed "Attack" boom Lag Spike when the enemies execute an attack it happends too. it has happend when i've navigated the menues outside battle.

Blyss Sarania:
I play with higher settings than you normaly but but this happends no matter the Graphics setting i've tried software render and i still get it.

I'm always using ISO and since i changed computer case to a SilverStone Sugo10 i don't have a choise since my Blu-ray burner won't fit in it.

this is my GSdx Specs:
Renderer: (Direct3d 11 (Hardware))
Interlacing: (Auto)
D3D Internal Resolution: (Native x4)
FXAA: (On)
FX Shader: (On)
Texture Filtering: (Auto)
8-bit Texture: (Off) from start
HW Hacks: (On) - (MSAA x16) - Aggressive-CRC (On)
Anisotropic Filtering: (On) (since i updated the Emulator to your latest upload today)

tsunami2311:
i looked up intel Speedstep right after i posted this thread and turning that off didn't change anything, i've turned off everything i could find that could possibly auto change my current overclock, voltage and such and i have checked with CPU-Z so that my processor i runing at 4,5GHz and i does...

the reson i use EE/IOP on Full is so that the characters and enemies won't stand backwards cause i've softlocked the game cause of that , i used attack on enemies bosses that my player faced away from the boss in and my character ran out of bounds and never came back locking the game impossible to end exept through a restart of the emulator.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
Why Aggressive CRC? It will only work as a speedhack for FFX and your machine certainly does not need it.

And are you sure you tried with MSAA set at something like 4 or 8? Just making sure. Also you really DON'T need FXAA AND MSAA. This is not causing your slowdown but IMO FXAA causes a very uncool blur effect to the games. FXAA is really only for those who can't run in high resolutions or use MSAA. I mean if you like it, that's fine, but I'm just pointing that out.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-07-2014, 12:32 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Why Aggressive CRC? It will only work as a speedhack for FFX and your machine certainly does not need it.

And are you sure you tried with MSAA set at something like 4 or 8? Just making sure. Also you really DON'T need FXAA AND MSAA. This is not causing your slowdown but IMO FXAA causes a very uncool blur effect to the games. FXAA is really only for those who can't run in high resolutions or use MSAA. I mean if you like it, that's fine, but I'm just pointing that out.

without Aggressive-CRC the game getr really really blurry and it's really anoying for my eyes espesally under water and Final Fantasy X-2 get's both blurry and pixalated as hell...

and i've tried without HW Hacks on...

FXAA: i gues i'll turn it off then since i never really knew what it did accept that it had something to do with ant-aliasing.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
Set skipdraw=1 instead of Aggressive CRC.

The blurry is a DOF effect gone wrong with upscaling. Unless you are experiencing something weird.
(06-07-2014, 12:38 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Set skipdraw=1 instead of Aggressive CRC.

The blurry is a DOF effect gone wrong with upscaling. Unless you are experiencing something weird.

ok i'll try that
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
the game looked much better with Skipdraw instead of Agressive-crc
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec: