[Help] Random rebootings occuring whilst playing
CPU : i5 650, 2 cores 3.2 Ghz
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6870
Memory : 6 Go memory. I have 4 sticks. 2 of 2Go and 2 of 1Go, all from Kingston.
Motherboard : Gigabyte P55A-UD4
Power supply : Corsair CX500

I use an updated version of nod32 and already checked for viruses. I also checked for my drives and no error was found.

Sponsored links

I turned up turbo mode and my game is running at 100fps~ . My core 1 goes to 50-60% charge and my core 2 to 25-35%. Temperature doesn't exceed 62° and is around 55 most of the time.
hmmm, have you mixed and matched memory? That can cause some crazy stuff to happen during paging operations.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Memory is correctly installed, by pair. I have two sets in separate dual slots, if I'm getting clear enough. They are matched by pair. Plus I ran a memcheck twice and it all ran correctly.
Cool well you know what you're doing at least Tongue

Okay other things i can think of which might be a problem.

1. Possible bad caps on the motherboard.
2. Dodgy sound drivers or gpu drivers (try running spu2-x in no output mode, update graphics drivers or downgrade if on newest, see if the crashes persist)
3. Bad sector on the harddisk somewhere possibly? Might be a bit of a stretch.
4. Graphics card has a bad solder joint somewhere, Furmark for a few hours would confirm this.

I studied IT some years at school q:

1 - Yeah, might be. I was thinking about my motherboard having some defects, because of the story previously taled.
2 - I tried that already, it persisted
3 - chkdsk would have told me, wouldn't it ? I ran the chkdsk 3 or 4 times, no error found.
4 - Yeah ! Furmark ! I couldn't remember this name q: . I already ran a whole lot of furmark tests and well... everything ran correctly.

No crash happened since I opened the thread. What is that sorcery ? q:
(12-06-2013, 12:20 AM)Somehow Wrote: I studied IT some years at school q:

1 - Yeah, might be. I was thinking about my motherboard having some defects, because of the story previously taled.
2 - I tried that already, it persisted
3 - chkdsk would have told me, wouldn't it ? I ran the chkdsk 3 or 4 times, no error found.
4 - Yeah ! Furmark ! I couldn't remember this name q: . I already ran a whole lot of furmark tests and well... everything ran correctly.

No crash happened since I opened the thread. What is that sorcery ? q:

Just cause memtest say memory is ok dont mean it really is, I had memory that passed those test just fine but they never ran correct speeds and would randomly lose ram on boot till I RMA/Replace them

To me random reboot when doing demanding things lean me toward psu, if you have spare try another. If still does it I would start test one memory stick at time and see if reboots persist
(12-06-2013, 12:20 AM)Somehow Wrote: No crash happened since I opened the thread. What is that sorcery ? q:

Haha its always the way!
(12-06-2013, 12:20 AM)Somehow Wrote: 1 - Yeah, might be. I was thinking about my motherboard having some defects, because of the story previously taled.

I'd check for bulging, that's usually a good sign Tongue
(12-06-2013, 12:20 AM)Somehow Wrote: 3 - chkdsk would have told me, wouldn't it ? I ran the chkdsk 3 or 4 times, no error found.

Nah chkdsk is pretty pants for that kinda thing. Get HDTune (trial) and run the error scan with the "Quick" box unchecked, if you get any red spots, thats bad ofc Tongue2

have you checked your error log ?
i'e start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Information> software environment> windows error report

sometimes it'll tell you what went wrong and at what time

another thing that comes to mind, is the sata controller going down the pan? ,rare i know but another possibility

have you tried to change ports?
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
What does "bulging" mean ? I tried to translate it but well, it still doesn't make any sense to me q:

I'll try HDTune thing. Fyi, my system + pcsx2 and some applications are installed in an SSD, whilst most of my music and stuff are in 2 harddrives, one that is 8 years old, the other is 3 years old. My SSD is pretty recent, 1 year old~