Help Request: Black Screen on Gladius
Hi - I am having a recurring problem when running Gladius on PCSX2.  I am receiving a hanging black screen when returning to the world map or when returning to the main menu in certain cities.  The effect is sometimes reproducible (such as returning to the main menu in the city of Syrna - 100% error) and sometimes random. Of interest, the audio/sound works fine, but the video hangs on a totally black screen.  

(1) Pertinent info at the time of the error is as follows:
-PCSX2 version: 1.4.0
-computer specs: Processor = Intel i7-4770 quad core at 3.4 GHz.  Ram = 32 GB.  Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (hardware/drivers fully updated)
-no additional logs appear on the console screen before, during, or after the error
-error happens regardless of which GS renderer is selected (I have tried Direct3D9, Direct3D11, and OpenGL, all on both hardware and software modes)
-Sound/audio/music remains fine and unaffected
-There are absolutely no other errors in the game and it runs perfectly otherwise
-I have never had this nor any other type of issue on any other PS2 game (I have run at least 4 games perfectly on PCSX2 v1.4.0)

(2) I have already tried the following steps to fix this problem:
-pressing F9 to switch between software and hardware rendering (this does nothing)
-disabling all speed hacks
-enabling all speed hacks
-switching GS renderers (see above)
-Enabling some likely-looking Game Fixes (including FFX videos, EE timing, OPH Flag, Simulate VIF1 FIFO read ahead, Delay VIF1 Stalls).  None of these have any noticeable effect.

(3) Please see attached for a screenshot at the time of the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is one of my favorite games from childhood and this black screen error makes it nearly unplayable.  Thanks so much in advance!

Heracleidus

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2016, 06:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Attached here.

Summary:  From PCSX2 being totally closed, I launched PCSX2, launched Gladius, and played for about 30 minutes.  The black screen problem occurred; I waited for several minutes to confirm that it was not going to resolve by itself.  I clicked the "X" to close the Gladius (black screen) game window, then closed PCSX2 via the "X", then posted the emuLog file here.

Thanks for your help,

Heracleidus

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 6,47 KB / Downloads: 174)
Possibly related to a bad rip. Please try to rerip your dvd.

Have you tried EE clamping -> Full?
(03-30-2016, 02:00 PM)willkuer Wrote: Possibly related to a bad rip. Please try to rerip your dvd.

Have you tried EE clamping -> Full?

I just tried Full EE clamping and the problem happened again, so no good with that.

I'll try a new rip and see if that sorts it.  If not, are there any other options?  Thanks,

Heracleidus