Help: SPU2 box is empty at start configuration
Hi everybody !

I'm new here, I did search on the forum, on youtube tutorials, on google in general. I cant solve that problem.

My pc has Win XP service pack 2 (sp3 gives problems) Intel Xeon 2.89 GHz dual processor/dual thread, RAM 4 GB, Graphics 512 MB (CPU-Z says 1024 dont know why)

It seems I have installed Microsoft Visual C 2010-2013-2015 (both 3 of them).

So, by searching on the forum I found this one: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cannot-Se...light=spu2

That snapshot it's the same for me. That person solve the problem by changing the SPU2 plugin with the one called "SPU2-X_WinXP-VS2013.dll"
I found the link, downloaded it, put it on the plugin folder, but i dont solve.

Another thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-er...light=spu2

That problem was solved too, I took that version of PCSX2 ( pcsx2-v1.3.1-1415-g9bb990e-windows-x86 by Jonathan Li ) and i try to change always the SPU2-X plugin, but no good result.
I read there's some problem with old OS like XP, and with the new version of Microsoft Visual C.

And I can copy the log message if it can help, language is italian. And it's the same of the thread with the SPU2 box blank:

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdiso.dPll'a t(her:ror 1 2C7:: im\pPorsosgirbialmem tirov\aPreC laS Xpr2o c1e.du4ra .s0pe\ciPfilcatua.g)ins\
cdvdiso.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdiso.dll
Path: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll' (error 5: accesso negato.)
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Path: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll
File is not a valid dynamic [lwx]i bFairled tao lorayd. shared 
library 'C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll' (error 5: accesso negato.)
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll
Path: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll' (error 998: accesso a posizione di memoria non valido.)
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Programmi\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
Action canceled: Startup aborted: User canceled FirstTime Wizard.

I think that's all. Let me know, thanks

Sponsored links

Quote:I took that version of PCSX2 ( pcsx2-v1.3.1-1415-g9bb990e-windows-x86 by Jonathan Li )
dunno where you got it, but i don't think we support it

to make it clear : upgrade your OS. I guess it's time...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-18-2016, 07:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: dunno where you got it, but i don't think we support it

it's a 1.5.0 build from the buildbot. Jonathan Li is just a contributor on github.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I took that older version here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

I know I have to upgrade my pc, anyway please let me know if I can do something to fix this

Or I can use an older version ?
(01-18-2016, 07:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: dunno where you got it, but i don't think we support it

Jonathan Li is turtleli I believe on the Forums here. It's a legit build. Albeit a bit older now since we're already at 1.5.0-dev- builds. But it's the last build before switching to VS2015 builds. So he needs that one for the plugin file.

As for the errors - it seems your PCSX2 is having major issues with accessing the files. Try installing it in C:\PCSX2 instead of Program Files or My Documents, and make sure you have Administrator access.

I do agree with jes tho ---- time to upgrade for sure.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Hi Ryudo
I have Administrator access 100%, I check that just now, no Guest.
I try as you said, to install it on c:/ to make the process easy. But nothing new. I try at this point 2 put the plugin "SPU2-X_WinXP-VS2013.dll".
Nothing. I try to put the plugins of the pcsx2-v1.3.1-1415-g9bb990e-windows-x86 by Jonathan Li version, nothing again.

I try after unistall this new version, to put the pcsx2-v1.3.1-1415-g9bb990e-windows-x86 by Jonathan Li version always on c:/ and as i already saw, it cant open,
and i get an error message like: impossible to find the way to GetLogicalProcessorInformation of the dinamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
I translate the message so, so, from italian.
Thanks
And you're welcome if you have more ideas to try
GetLogicalProcessorInformation -> minimum requirement of XP SP3 (but do upgrade to something newer than that).
You can't use VC 2013 and above with SP2
Hi thanks for the info.
Anyway, cause i want to use the PCSX2, i installed the service pack 3.

And now i have that bad bad problem: now the countdown of 60 days for the activation of XP, appears again,
And I installed XP 1 year ago..

I didnt' try the emulator at the moment, but I let you know.
Then activate your license.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]