[Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
I'm tried the game on the lowest graphic quality 5min ago, exactly as you asked me. Original PS2 Resolution and 2x.
Exactly the same speed... :'(

Btw, if it's impossible to work this game on my laptop, do you think I can boot this on a computer with i5 750 (2,66Ghz, QuadCore) with an old ATI 5750 ? Tongue2 (I don't think so but maybe on a desk PC, it's probably better)

Sponsored links

Hm wait I remember encountering this too. Try DX9 hardware mode with Allow 8-bit textures
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok !
Nothing changed... Sad (except the graphic quality... of course... Tongue2)

I tried on the desk computer (with i5 750, ATI 5750) and it's just exactly the same results.

I'm starting to be depress... :'(
are you running from the disc or iso? because whatever is going on, it's not the direct emulation slowing you down, it is a factor outside of the emulator, but if you are running from disc that could slow it down, especially if the disc is somewhat scratched.

failing that, check your task manager to see what is using the CPU.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I tried both. I used the disk only at first but it was too noisy so I copy the disk in my HD.

About the CPU, it's exactly like I said, only 40-50% is used (near, with 4 cores and 8 threats).
what about your spu2x settings?

Mmhhh Default... I don't touch this point; sound is not very important... (I think)
40-50% is about right when MTVU is disabled.

enable MTVU and that should free up some cpu fpr gsdx to use
Well... This is very strange...

I change the settings : Native x3, with MTVU, DXH11, Bob tff and all others default. When I arrived in the game with 9 fps (Windows mode), every core use near 20%... No more...
one other thing thats worth checking. in your windows power options (presuming now you are using windows 7 Tongue) and make sure your power profile is set to high performance, we have seen that cause problems before.

also as squall says, check you are using the 660M and not the intel graphics (should be able to force it on in the nvidia control panel or something)