[Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
Ok...

*A Ghost appeared*

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

*The Ghost disappeared...*

I really don't know why but I retried with the 0.9.8 and tried diffenrent setting and now... it's just perfect... 50 fps anywhere... wtf ?

God heard my cries... even on Native x5, it's perfect... What happened ?!!!

Sponsored links

Ok guys.

I think the problem is from the option MTVU.

When I installed the version 0.9.8., all the setting that I saw are exaltly the same except this point.

Indeed, in the 0.9.8, it calls mVU and in the 1.1.0., it calls MTVU.

It's probably exactly the same thing but it was the only point that wasn't checked.

Well, I checked this option on the 0.9.8. version and it works, even now on the 1.1.0.

So, my conclusion is : if you want to play on Star Ocean : Till The End Of Time HD (Direct3D11 Hardware + Native x5), you have to download the 0.9.8. version. Then, you can use the 1.1.0. version if you save the 0.9.8. settings. It's probably because there are a defect on the 1.1.0. version about this.

Thank you everyone to help me to find and resolve this problem. I hope it will help all Star Ocean 3's players. THANKS FOR ALL !!!

Mirage2000.
i asume you already tried defaults ofcourse, but its my last resort xD
please follow every step to be sure it is enabled even tho you were adressed to this in earlier pages, this way i am certain that you have tried everything i did too Smile

*wall of text incomming*

just going to give you the settings (pcsx2 and pc) i used to play the game on my previous laptop, in hope that it works for you too,

first off download this revision:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86

there are newer ones but i used it on my laptop back then.

pc settings:

enable maximum performance (controlpanel >> system and security >> power options >> high performance)
check your nvidea drivers (update if necessary)
open nvidea control panel, use the pre-set option performance (the one you can adjust with the sliders knock it completly to the left) and go to manage 3d settings afterwards.

in global settings tab enable the following options:

power managing mode >> prefer maximum performance if not enabled already.
multi display/mixed-gpu acceleration >> compatibility performance mode

in program settings:
search for the pcsx2 exe the one you downloaded and extracted earlier and select it, this way optimus (i asume you have optimus on your laptop) switch to the gtx card for sure when the program is launched

now that that is taking care of, lets move on to pcsx2 settings

leave everything at defaults for now and go to the speed hacks-tab and enable EE cycle rate to 2 and VU cycle to 1 and the recomended speedhacks including the famous mtvu hack.

go to the plug-in/bios selection:
select cdvd - cdvd gigahertz << think it is on this one by default but just to be sure.
be sure you have the sse4 gsdx selected, aply and go to the gsdx config (config >> video (gs) >> plugin

here you can also select which graphics card you can use (adapter), choose the gtx if available, if not report back to this topic! (like you wouldnt do that lol i must be tired xD)
render on dx 11 hardware mode and keep the blender on auto
keep 3x native as your ''standard'' res for now (would give the card enough work to go into 3d mode, 6xx series tend to do difficult in these situations and go way below their clocks because they are stuck on 2d mode)
enable texture filtering and 8bit textures, enable hardware hacks and select skipdraw to 1 (you know where to find it now right? xD)

click on ok and boot the game and pray to god that it runs at full speed xD

good luck im off to go to sleep! Tongue

EDIT.... so i have types all this stuff...for nothing? D:

*cries himself to sleep*
MTVU and mVU are 2 different things and we don't have a settings bug in 1.1 regarding this Tongue2
Judging from the 30FPS thing, I believe something forced VSync to be active.
Also don't enable the EE or VU cycle steal hacks, they slow down this game.
(09-27-2012, 02:16 AM)rama Wrote: MTVU and mVU are 2 different things and we don't have a settings bug in 1.1 regarding this Tongue2

when i disable them i get 140 fps when i activate them i get 180+ ??
EE cycle does moere then vu tho. (dislike vu cycle in a whole really, messes up dragonquest :C)
Ahaha warWeeny, you're so sweet Smile It's very nice to you to have wrote a post like this when I found the solution xD

(09-27-2012, 02:16 AM)rama Wrote: MTVU and mVU are 2 different things and we don't have a settings bug in 1.1 regarding this Tongue2

Well, I forget to say it's mVU Block Hack. I found this option only on the v. 0.9.8. And I guess it's thanks to this if I can play on this game en HD Smile
About the VSync, I don't think that the problem was here because It was always desactivated and sometimes, I had 50 fps during the game.

To resume :
- 0.9.8. got the mVU Block Hack
- 1.1.0. got the MTVU
at the same place in the settings. That's why I guess the problem -for Star Ocean 3- was there Smile
These 2 are totally different. They are 2 different speed hacks. The mVU Block Hack got removed in the 1.0.0 release and we added the new Multi-threaded VU speed hack (MTVU) which uses a third core to run the VU1 unit
[Image: newsig.jpg]