Help With FPS
Greetings all.

I've spent about 10 in-game hours playing Final Fantasy X without any problems. FPS was usually close to 60 throughout the game. When I started playing again today, the FPS dropped to 30-40 and doesn't pick up throughout gameplay. I tested with previous areas where FPS was running at 60, but it is also now running at a decreased FPS. I had not messed with any of the settings but I noticed I get a 'HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path' in the console now. I have read through avih's start-up guide and tweaked around with the recommended settings but to no avail. Can anybody help diagnose what might have caused the sudden drop in FPS? Here are the specs of my laptop and PCSX2 version I'm using. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OS = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service
Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4003 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed = 1.994 ghz (8 logical threads)
Graphics Card = GeForce GT525M
PCSX2 version = 0.9.8

Sponsored links

I would say its probably turbo boost not kicking in correctly, check and make sure no background processes are running and nomming cpu
Also make sure high performance is selected from your battery life profile
and make sure you are not having high temps that would throttle you
[Image: 8rg00e-4.png]
Quote:Minumum:YES
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:NO
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:NO
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5 OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Equivalent.

you are stuck in the mimimun laptop requirement state..and addition GT525M is only a ddr3 type GPU thus it run at the minimun not gurantee at full speed.

Remarks:
you need to change you laptop CPU to i7-27xxQM~higher(3.3/3.2/3.0 GHz) or the XM series...and that GPU at least GT555M to meet the gddr5 GPU.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-15-2011, 09:41 AM)tallbender Wrote: you are stuck in the mimimun laptop requirement state..and addition GT525M is only a ddr3 type GPU thus it run at the minimun not gurantee at full speed.

Remarks:
you need to change you laptop CPU to i7-27xxQM~higher(3.3/3.2/3.0 GHz) or the XM series...and that GPU at least GT555M to meet the gddr5 GPU.

Mmm i would say a 2630 can DEFinately play this game, he already had it going fast enough, i think his turbo boost isnt working right now
Also try the newest svn builds
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
[Image: 8rg00e-4.png]
Thanks for the replies.

@ thatwasonce, I have tried restarting my laptop and not opening any applications when running PCSX2 but the problem persists.

@ tallbender, I realize that my GPU is not the strongest so I believe that this might be the cause. Is there a reason I might have been able to run it at full speed prior to this or am I just lucky that I got it to run at 60 FPS?
(11-15-2011, 09:46 AM)thatwasonce Wrote: Mmm i would say a 2630 can DEFinately play this game, he already had it going fast enough, i think his turbo boost isnt working right now

well his turbo is at 3.1/3.0/2.8 GHz just an inch away from it's recommended and as i said his GPU is the main gapper since it only a ddr3 type video card.

(11-15-2011, 09:50 AM)rubicon Wrote: @ tallbender, I realize that my GPU is not the strongest so I believe that this might be the cause. Is there a reason I might have been able to run it at full speed prior to this or am I just lucky that I got it to run at 60 FPS?
well that CPU just so close to the 3.2ghz's recommended but it's near fine but the nvidia is main gapper.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-15-2011, 09:46 AM)thatwasonce Wrote: Mmm i would say a 2630 can DEFinately play this game, he already had it going fast enough, i think his turbo boost isnt working right now

What do svn builds do? I am still quite new to PCSX2 so pardon my ignorance.
(11-15-2011, 09:51 AM)tallbender Wrote: well his turbo is at 3.1/3.0/2.8 GHz just an inch away from it's recommended and as i said his GPU is the main gapper since it only a ddr3 type video card.

well that CPU just so close to the 3.2ghz's recommended but it's near fine but the nvidia is main gapper.

So the only option I have is to upgrade to ensure consistent full speeds when running PCSX2? If that is the case, I'll just have to let it go then. Thank you for your help. Smile