Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a gamer out
Hai.
im sure that there are way to many of these type of posts but i have been unable to locate them.

Im running 32 bit xp pro SP3
with an AMD Phenom II x6 1055t(2.8 ghz 6 core)
4 gb of 667 mhz ram although only 3.25 are utilized obviously
and an Ati radeon HD 3870 gfx card.

from my experience im fairly confident that this is a pretty good machine, not a Beastly powerhouse but i have never had any issues running any game i chose. That is why for the life of me i cant figure out whai im suffering from such low fps. im always stuck between 30-60 % of full speed on Virtual fighter, Soul Calibur, and DBZ BT3. these are the only games i have tried but it is consistently slow. Could someone point me in the direction of more efficient plugins for my setup or at least tell me where my bottleneck is located. ps i have no intentions of changing my os. Also the cpu usage is always up at 99ish % is that really possible? i mean its a 2.8 six core theoretically 16.8 ghz of processing power.

Sponsored links

Common mistake. You do not have 16.8 GHz of processing power. You have 6 cores that can do 6 things at 2.8 GHz. An analogy would be having 6 cars that can go 200 miles per hour. If you somehow connect the cars together, does it mean that you got something that can go 1,200 miles per hour? Unfortunately, no. You still have 6 cars that can go 200 miles per hour.

Anyways, without any info or screenshots of your settings and PCSX2 version, it's hard to determine the cause of your slow downs. One thing you can try is to check native box in gsdx and experiment with speedhacks.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
im using version 0.9.6, i have not tried any speed hacks, the only gsdx's i have used are gsdx9 (msvc 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4, ZeroGS 0.97.1, and Gsdx 890 (msvc 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4., i have tried a variety of bios but im using US v02.00 right now. and its always set to native, i figured out it was slower if i used anything else.

I have tried 0.9.7 but when i did i couldnt get it to work at all.
Thanks for the speedy response ;p
(10-11-2010, 02:42 AM)gallery553 Wrote: Also the cpu usage is always up at 99ish % is that really possible? i mean its a 2.8 six core theoretically 16.8 ghz of processing power.

If you mean it shows that in the GS/game window then it means your slowdown is your graphics card, if you mean it's showing 100% all the time in the task manager then something else must be going on Tongue

Anyway start by trying the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I recommend trying the web installer version. It will fetch what it needs from Microsoft, so you don't have to sit there scratching your head wondering why you're getting error messages.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
On the top of my game window it shows various things like fps resolution ect. one of the info blocks says 99% CPU when i look in task manager it says my cpu usage is from 30-40% it doesnt really address GPU.

and i intend to try the web based installer now as you suggested.
Thank you both for the help and speedy replies.

I have tried it now the 0.9.7 web installer, it seems to run a little slower although i dont know all the ins and outs of it i didnt do my best to make it as fast as possible.
(10-11-2010, 02:42 AM)gallery553 Wrote: Im running 32 bit xp pro SP3
with an AMD Phenom II x6 1055t(2.8 ghz 6 core)
4 gb of 667 mhz ram although only 3.25 are utilized obviously
and an Ati radeon HD 3870 gfx card.

Your GPU is a little weak, so use native resolution. Try overclocking your CPU at least at 3.2 ghz, use some speedhacks and set clamps to "none". Tenkaichi 3 is very GPU dependant, resolution matters a lot with that game. Soul Calibur 3 is a bit slow for me with my e7400 at 3360mhz, so your speed in SC3 is normal.
I think RAM speed doesn't matter, as Bositman usually says.
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @ 4300MHz
GPU: Gainward GTX 1080 GLH
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB @ 1600MHz CL7 1.5v
Monitor: Dell S2716DG
I don't think an HD 3870 is weak, dude. Maybe the 512mb of V-RAM would limit resolutions, but every other spec of the card is rather powerful. 256 bus width, 72 GB/sec memory bandwidth, DX10 support, good clocks, etc... It should be fine on Native in most any case.

Now, I'm going to address DBZ:BT3. This game plays at full speed on high resolution with my laptop. Aside from the V-RAM, your HD 3870 kicks my 230M's butt. At the very least, your GPU should be fine on Native. Of course, watch the GS% on the windows title bar and see if it tops out when the FPS is low. This is your indication of the load on your GPU. Generally, if it's basically maxed, your GPU is limiting you at that point.

With your Phenom II @ 2.8Ghz, You should be able to get full speed in DBZ:BT3, especially if you if using Speedhacks. Your CPU is very comparable with mine, so if I can easily exceed 60fps (with Speedhacks), you should be able to achieve it.
Overclcok your processor since demanding games like more cpu power.
phenom2x49553.8ghz,asrock870extreme3,650txcorsair,cmhyper212plus,500gb samsungf3,16x hp dvd burner,hp 2509m monitor,zotac 9800gt eco,3gb ddr3 1333mhz .
(10-12-2010, 03:24 AM)Rezard Wrote: I don't think an HD 3870 is weak, dude. Maybe the 512mb of V-RAM would limit resolutions, but every other spec of the card is rather powerful.

If it's a GDDR3 one it would barely match a 9600gt, the GDDR4 would be better but not that much tho. I hate how they release cards named the same but with different specs Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64