Help a newbie: volume 1
Hi guys. Just started using PCSX2 and it's fantastic! I'm being able to replay my old FFXII on my pc now and i would like to ask you guys two things:

Is it normal that sometimes (not always) the characters shadows become square/bugged? Is there a fix for this? I'm using the latest PCSX2 version 1.0 with default plugins. My rig is a i7 2600k, 8gb ram ddr 1333, geforce 560gtx. All at stock speeds.

Another question... i was reading about cheat codes and stuff, i got some working codes for FFXII - NTSC U version from crono68, put the CRC in there that shows there (the one reading from my disc and the one provided by the coder are the same) 0779FBDB opened the notepad and saved it .pnach, moving it to the cheats folder. I enabled the cheats from the PSCX2 GUI but codes are not being loaded.

What am i doing wrong? My game is from USA so i believe it corresponds to the ntsc -u version isnt it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie questions.

Sponsored links

You can see your game version on PCSX2 log windows' title, when you boot the game. Make sure you rename the file to 0779FBDB.pnach, not 0779FBDB.pnach.txt.
Yep it is .pnatch and NTSC version. the console says no cheats found, what could it be? The cheats are in cheats folder and the cheats folder is in PSCX2 folder...
(12-17-2012, 01:48 PM)Spectreman Wrote: Yep it is .pnatch and NTSC version. the console says no cheats found, what could it be? The cheats are in cheats folder and the cheats folder is in PSCX2 folder...

As Livy said, maybe your file is actually named xyz.pnach.txt just than MS believe making the user's life harder is the life's goal and "hides" it, so you don't see the .txt

To grant that's not the case, open an Explorer window, go to organize and navigate from it to the "View" tab and from there scroll the options till finding "Hide extensions for known files" and make sure the little box is blank, keep this way from now on so to know what a file "really is"... and don't forget to thanks Microsoft afterward, for making this "hiding" the default...
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-17-2012, 03:58 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: As Livy said, maybe your file is actually named xyz.pnach.txt just than MS believe making the user's life harder is the life's goal and "hides" it, so you don't see the .txt

To grant that's not the case, open an Explorer window, go to organize and navigate from it to the "View" tab and from there scroll the options till finding "Hide extensions for known files" and make sure the little box is blank, keep this way from now on so to know what a file "really is"... and don't forget to thanks Microsoft afterward, for making this "hiding" the default...

I checked it shows a .PNACH file Sad

Have no idea what's wrong. Crono68 patch says its verified so it's not the patch, my cheats folder are inside pscx2 folder and the pnatch file inside the cheats folder. CRC is 0779FBDB which is my version of the game FFXII USA NTSC. I enabled the cheats on PSCX2 client. I'm also Admin of my windows copy.

What's left?
I used codes from Jlagreen and it worked!! No idea why crono68 codes didn't work but i'm so happy now hehe. Thanks guys for your help.