Help configuring.
I am sure this has been asked many times. I am not even sure if this is where I post this question. But seeing as I have looked through the forums for days and not found an answer that I can understand, I decided to write my question down.

I am a complete noob when it comes to technical jargon. So when I try to make my emulator run as best as I can, I have no idea what I am doing. Here are the specs of my computer:

CPU : AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core
8gigs DDR3 Ram
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Not sure what else I should be posting there. Anyway, I've been trying to play Dark Cloud 1 and 2 as well as Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but it seems extra choppy. Not much worse than the actual game just very noticeable. Like the characters have deeper outlines. I'm not sure what it is. Again, I have tried to look up how to fix it but I really don't understand what I am doing. I installed direct X, which seemed to be the problem for some. I am just convinced that my configurations are off.

If anyone can help me and explain what I need to do, please let me know.

And I have been having trouble with lilypad. I can't move the character diagonally. I noticed there was a forum for plugins, maybe I should post that there?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance <3

Sponsored links

You should be using the default configurations for those, plus maybe 3x upscaling in GSdx(config->video->plugin settings). Also, enable MTVU speedhack(config->emulation settings->speedhacks tab). Don't set any other speedhack(except the default, recommended ones).

If it says 60 FPS in the title bar, and you don't have EE or VU speedhack, then that's full speed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-17-2014, 10:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You should be using the default configurations for those, plus maybe 3x upscaling in GSdx(config->video->plugin settings). Also, enable MTVU speedhack(config->emulation settings->speedhacks tab). Don't set any other speedhack(except the default, recommended ones).

If it says 60 FPS in the title bar, and you don't have EE or VU speedhack, then that's full speed.

OMG ITS LIKE A BRAND NEW GAME. Thank you so much! Just need to figure out this lilypad thing. I owe you babies.
Using pokopom pad plugin should be better for this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go