Help for Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3
Hello guys, I'm quite noob with emulators, but I'd like to try this amazing saga.
I saw on YT that lots of people use a wide range of releases, so...which one should I use?
Could you tell the best settings and which hack should I turn on in the options menu? thank you very much Smile

Sponsored links

What do you mean wide range of releases? Use the one from your original discs.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Sorry, I was talking about the PCSX2 version, not the game Laugh
Latest stable should be ok
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Using the hardware renderer various text artifacts occur during the battle...Is it normal?
Please screenshot gsdx plugin settings.
(10-14-2015, 09:22 PM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Using the hardware renderer various text artifacts occur during the battle...Is it normal?

yes is scaling issue, it perfectly read able though just wierd lines here and there
Like in this YT video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_U9KMQ5Zzs
There are extra lines here and there during the battle...I guess I just have to ignore them Smile

Oh, just another thing... I know it could sound really generic, but what's better between DX9 & DX11?
I read online that DX9 is more stable, even if it's older. Should I use that?
Talking about v.1.2.1 (stable):
Dx9 should mostly be considered as speedhack. But that is also only valid for some games. Some games are faster on Dx11. OpenGL is similarly compatible as Dx9 but probably slower.

Talking about v.1.3 (git):
Dx9 should mostly be considered as speedhack. But that is also only valid for some games. Some games are faster on Dx11. OpenGL is much more compatible than Dx9 and Dx11 but slower on most AMD GPU's due to lack of proper OGL driver support. Some key features are not available on Intel GPU's as their driver lacks almost completely OGL support. Nvidia GPUs are often faster using OGL than Dx11.

Conclusion: Get latest git, if you have an AMD/Intel gpu use Dx11 if possible, if you have an Nvidia GPU stick to OGL.
DX11, OpenGL is better then DX11 atm though atlest on nividia side of things