Help me get the best setup?
Hi, Im having trouble with PCSX2 and was wondering if you guys could advice me ont he best version to download (Public Beta, or official release).

Also what is the best plugins to have and to set them too?

And Speed Hacks and CPU settings, what should they be set too?

My computer specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 5200+
RAM: 3GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770

Thanks for any help you can give me! Cant wait to play my old PS2 games Smile

Sponsored links

If there was a single master configuration that worked best for all computers and all games, it would already be set and the options wouldn't be there for people to play with.

The latest beta is faster in 90% of situations but it's only going to be about a 10% increase in general so not enough if you're getting horrid performance. My recommendation would be to go to the general section of the forum and read the configuration guide sticky as it will go through and explain what each option is so you can then decide what items to try... then just figure out the pros/cons of each and decide what's best for your system.

That said, the older Athlon are bad CPUs for PCSX2. They are generally 25% slower than equivalent C2D processors and a good 10-20% slower than Athlon IIs and Phenom IIs when it comes to PS2 emulation. If at all possible, overclocking that processor would help a good deal, but you're still going to end up with slow 3d PS2 games for the most part.
[Image: 2748844.png]
yeah..
there is no 1 setting for all game..
each game have its own unique configurations
just a matter of trial and error and whether u prefer good image with artifacts and some slowdown in it or jagged image with decent speed
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.