Help me please! Want to play MGS 3 on the PCSX2
Hey guys what's up? First off, I'm from Argentina which means I speak Spanish, so sorry if my grammar isn't that good. With that said, let's jump into my issue.

Let's start by specifying my computer's specs:

Motherboard: eVGA p67
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz (Not OCed)
RAM: G-Skill 4 GB DDR3 2000MHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 7300LE

As you could see, the only spec that's a little bit out-dated is the graphics card. But from what I've heard, MGS is a game that requires a lot of CPU horsepower, and as my CPU is the best CPU up to date, then.... you know.

My problem is that I play the game at 7 fps ¬¬. That's pretty absurd and ridiculous after considering what I've stated above. I've configured the emulator as the creators of the program recommended to, on their official guide. But still, that didn't help. I'm using the bios "USA v1.6" (hope that specification not to be violating the rules of this forum).

If there's something weird I've noticed in the program, is that on the Settings tab, I can't find any option for the CPU configurations (which according to the guide I talked about before, is an existent option). What the hell is happening?

Something I should mention is that I haven't downloaded any plugin, hack or nothing like that (which may be the main issue, maybe there are some plugins I need to properly play this specific game). I would be so grateful to know which are them.

But if that's not the problem, which is it? Is it my graphics card? My "not OCed" CPU? The configurations of the emulator? The Bios? What is it?

I hope to hear some answers because I really want to play the game.

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Quote:MinumumTongue2ass
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:failed
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:failed
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth

*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD athlon 64,486,586,Intel-Atom,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement.

the payload of pcsx2 w/ an strong CPU but weak gddr2 video card is a side effect of causing slowdowns
best to get a modern/strong(gddr5 type) video card soon so that your i5-2500k,pcsx2 and MGS3 performance shall work fine...don't expect best configuration on that.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-27-2011, 07:13 AM)tallbender Wrote: the payload of pcsx2 w/ an strong CPU but weak gddr2 video card is a side effect of causing slowdowns
best to get a modern/strong(gddr5 type) video card soon so that your i5-2500k,pcsx2 and MGS3 performance shall work fine...don't expect best configuration on that.

You meant i7, hehe.

I'm getting next week a GTX590. Is that dual gpu graphics card going to solve my problem?
^
^
^
^
i'm blind sorry sir....it's a i7 alright but still you need to get that gddr5 type video card soon

ahhhh you pick GTX590 it should do the trick.
(11-27-2011, 03:06 PM)tallbender Wrote: ^
^
^
^
i'm blind sorry sir....it's a i7 alright but still you need to get that gddr5 type video card soon

ahhhh you pick GTX590 it should do the trick.

No problem, Happy

I hope so. But now tell me, why can't I find any option for configuring the CPU on the settings tab? Look:

[Image: 46877910.png]

What is wrong with that?
What do you mean configure the CPU? You can't configure the CPU, I guess you are looking for something else...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-27-2011, 04:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: What do you mean configure the CPU? You can't configure the CPU, I guess you are looking for something else...

Oh, ok. I've been investigating a little bit after reading your reply, and I realized that on the PCSX2 v0.9.8 you don't have any option to configure your CPU Tongue.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks to everybody!
CPU config is only for 0.9.4 or 0.9.6(Config-->CPU)
CPU config for 0.9.8~ is now merged in the "Emulation Settings"
(11-27-2011, 05:03 PM)tallbender Wrote: CPU config is only for 0.9.4 or 0.9.6(Config-->CPU)
CPU config for 0.9.8~ is now merged in the "Emulation Settings"

Thanks mate Happy
Wow guys I have a very interesting update: I changed the video plugin to SDL 1.3 (Software) and voila, the fps now are 30. Its not ideal but from having 7 fps on the past... it's an interesting forward step, hehe.