Help the n00b
I'm using 3500-dev build

Sponsored links

thanks for the info..
wonder what that hack does
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(07-22-2010, 08:59 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: thanks for the info..
wonder what that hack does

"assumes old blocks will be old data" (more or less)
basically it clears the cache more often
Can anyone help me please? I have been playing around with 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 trying to get final fantasy X to run smooth. Just up into the opening screen I have 60 fps as the music goes but as soon as the video of the campfire scene starts it drops to 17-19 fps. Ive tried many settings and am just wondering if this is all I can squeeze out with my specs.

Processor:AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core processor tk-57 1.90 ghz
2 gb ram
Nividia Geforce 7000 m/ nforce 610 m

thx if anyone can help me would be much appreciated Im so sick of tryin the configs haha
set native res as you have a weak gpu
set both clamp modes to none
and enable some speedhacks (not all. Try them 1 by 1)

Don't expect miracles, though. your CPU/GPU are both kinda weak
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok I removed the clamps I even made the screen size 500x400 thinkin a smaller screen would help it run better like epsxe. Ive been playing with the speed hacks and not much of anything improves. It runs so smooth up until the video. Im thinking maybe if I remove the frame limit and jus frame skip it might help no? If anyone has any ...ANY...ideas im open to any suggestions. I really jus wanna get this one and only game running and I think its possible with the right tweaks.
my laptop more sucks than u and i can run it just fine..
no speedhacks and running at 45-60fps..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(07-24-2010, 08:28 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: my laptop more sucks than u and i can run it just fine..
no speedhacks and running at 45-60fps..

You've got to love Core 2 Duo eh? That processor you have is what I considered about minimum specs (a 1.8 ghz Core 2 Duo should perform roughly similar to my processor)

I'm getting 40-60 FPS [50 avg] without speedhacks and 60-80 [65-70 avg] with.

Basically I've deduced that halving the Emotion Engine clockrate simply doubles the emulation speed by providing a quicker time-frame than quicker frame-times (basically all it does is speed up what you perceive having to meet the EE work quota in half the time being half the frequency and thus you may have more resources to devote to the CPU-hungry VUs.)

Consoles are worried about time-frame, so they skip frames and do whatever possible to keep up with the actual time that's ticking by. PC games are more frame-time based, and if you tax the CPU or GPU too greatly it'll literally slow down the 'timing' that it's based off of and everything will lag terribly without it skipping frames much to keep up.

It doesn't actually speed up the framerate until you can change the speed of the Vector Units like you could the EE now (If you could slow the EE further and speed up Vector Units in *crackpot* theory you would get less lagging and balance out the two's execution... it could allow you to overcome CPU and GPU bottlenecks).

Starting to make any sense? If you doubled the EE cycle rate (which you can't do) it would halve the emulation speed because you would need twice the amount of CPU to emulate this overclocked virtual emotion engine. xD

I get little effect from reducing the EE 50% unless I have the Vector Units steal cycles, so if I could change their execution speed either they would only have to steal half as many cycles or they would bleed all they could from the emulated Emotion Engine.

The IOP could use a boost in speed to max out the CPU completely, but halving it's clock rate does nothing noticeable that I've seen... I'm still going to test on more games.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Dangerous man I have tried everything u have told me. The graphics emulate perfectly but the fps is still 15-17 during video. Im not sure if my video card but if u have any other ideas buddy Im all ears. Final fantasy X is all I want to play. If my GPU is bottlenecking me is there a way to fix that?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-MY-SETTINGS