Help the n00b
I dont really understand how to use that post guide u put saiki

Sponsored links

the gsdx.ini file, copy/paste the contents from mine to it
Ok I get it but where do I paste the code at? the only files I have in the pcsx 0.9.7 folder are docs and plugins. Im almost there though. I have FFX running at 45 fps (75%) if u know how I could squeeze an extra 15 fps out man Im all ears ...thx Laugh
(07-24-2010, 11:38 PM)Gdubness Wrote: Ok I get it but where do I paste the code at? the only files I have in the pcsx 0.9.7 folder are docs and plugins. Im almost there though. I have FFX running at 45 fps (75%) if u know how I could squeeze an extra 15 fps out man Im all ears ...thx Laugh

Go to My Documents, PCSX2, and the Ini folder and it's right in there.
Try disabling GS output and using a null sound plugin, if you get beyond full-speed on the EE then it could be your plugins holding you back.

FFX runs 30-40 through the intro and 40-50 through gameplay. I might be able to find better plugins or tweaks which will allow me to get as close as I can to real-time as possible without speedhacks. If PCSX2 keeps improving, it will be possible on my chip.. but by that time I'll probably have another CPU.

By the way, I love these forums! I used to post at ShootersForever and a few other places and at one time I had forums of my own I just got bored of them after a while but as long as I'm using PCSX2 I'll be here.

In a few hours I'm going to get my Ace Combat 4 and make an image of it to try it out on the latest PCSX2... I'll probably only get like 15 FPS but if I get more than that because of plugins or speedhacks then there is a *definite* improvement in the emulator. Although 0.9.7 runs much better than 0.9.6 anyways... at least for me.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin