Help w/ KH2 FM pls
Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. When I started playing Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, it was working fine. It ran 60 fps with an occasional drop to just over 40.

Now when I try to play it rarely gets up to 50 fps, even the title screen goes up to 40 fps at best. 

Also, before i updated something on my laptop, it would show "AMD Radeon" or something I don't remember exactly what it was called as a choice, now it only shows Default hardware device, Reference Device, and Microsoft Basic Render Driver twice. 

Sometimes PCSX2 would crash. I'm not sure if all this is from my excessive use of using my laptop to play KH2 FM or if something happened. 

I have PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) 
Running on Windows 10
          AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs) ~1.7GHz
          8.00 GB RAM

Sorry if this was cringy, I'm not very tech savvy

Sponsored links

can you please post your pcsx2 settings (screenshot all configuration tabs)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-20-2015, 12:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please post your pcsx2 settings (screenshot all configuration tabs)

Have you just reinstalled/updated Windows? Make sure you download the latest graphics drivers from AMD's site for your card.
(08-20-2015, 12:51 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: Have you just reinstalled/updated Windows? Make sure you download the latest graphics drivers from AMD's site for your card.

Wow, this really was all I had to do. Thank you!
But is there anyway to run it smoothly with 60 fps?
(08-20-2015, 01:55 PM)DullArrow Wrote: But is there anyway to run it smoothly with 60 fps?

yes.
Just get a decent PC, and you're good to go.

...Or  simply play it on your PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Check if mtvu helps or slows you down.
Check if increasing ee cycle rate hack is helping.

Still what jesalvein said is valid. Your cpu seems to be one of the weaker ones.