Help with 2 games please?
Sorry in advance as this thread will be long winded, i would like help with 2 games namely "battlefield 2 modern combat" and "rocky". i will post my system specs at the bottom.
I will start with battlefield,
If i try to run the game with everything on default settings but with any of the graphics setting on hardware D3D9/10 and run the game i will be confronted with a black screen BUT the game is still running if i press "x" twice to choose "english" and then "50hz" tv setting it will take me to the main game menu BUT the strange thing is i get about an inch of picture at the very top of the screen but the rest is black even if i manage to start an actual game its the same effect but the FPS is still running at 50/60 so the game is unplayable as i cant see it all. Under the same settings i can run final fantasy 10, sonic unleashed and few others. If i change my graphics settings to Software mode D3D 9/10 i also have to change the speed hack VU cycle to 3 and tick the MTVU box the game will run fine OTHER than the fact i get very bad ghosting on the screen like i have 2 pictures its normally worse when im stood next to a building than in the open FPS is still fine etc... it is just the ghost i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i might get rid of that? i have tried all the "game fixes" but none of them change a thing.

Now for "rocky",
If i run the game with everything on default and with graphices on hardware either one (i have also tried all the other graphics settings and hacks) the game will start i can go through the menu start a game but once the game goes to start it will just black screen on me and the game stops working (i know this because i hear no sounds) if i then still with everything on default and on hardware or software mode but with the game fix "delay VIF 1 stalls (VIF1FIFO) - for socom 2 HUD" then i can get into an actual fight and the game seems to run perfect great graphics and FPS UNTIL the end of the first round then it goes to the corner fine shows me all the stats but then when round 2 starts then the boxers & REF "vanish" the camera stays stuck looking in to the ring from the corner but the game is still kind of running i cant hear the boxers hitting each other its like they no longer exist but the crowd are still there throwing stuff into the ring i can still hear them all chanting etc.. the round timer is still counting down FPS is still fine too and when the round timer counts down and the boxers go back to their corner they appear again and everything comes back up as it should stats etc... but then again when the next round starts they vanish again so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for that too??

HARDWARE-
PCSX2 version 1
AMD FX 4100 (Bulldozer quad core) @ 4.3GHz (overclocked)
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
4GB DDR3 ram
Geforce GT520 1GB ram

PCSX2 Plugins -
Graphics - GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16 00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse4-r5350].... though i have tried them all with basically no change.

Sound - SPU2-X r5324 2.0

CD - mainly use ISO but some times the Gigaherz

Controls- lilypad

Others - all NULL

BIOS - i use a europe version 2.0

If i have missed something or you need more info Please ask away. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Sponsored links

hehe them rocky bugs remind me of the Angry Video Game Nerd episode where he plays rocky on the Ps2 and the characters dissapear in to the floor, that was quite funny, not an emulator either! Tongue

First thing i can suggest trying is a recent SVN Build that you can get from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

a few things have been fixed since 1.0.0 release so it might improve things, at least for rocky.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you for the rapid reply I will give that a try and see how it goes and update you it may take a little while though as i have to take my daughter to school soon lol
REFRACTION I have noticed it is a new installer im a bit worried that if i install the newer version it may delete my memory cards and ill lose all my final fantasy data 40+ hours worth lol i did also notice that if i start the installer it asks me if i want to import or overwrite pcsx2 settings if i choose import will that keep my memory cards safe?? just want to be sure before i go ahead with the install Thanks :-)
(10-24-2013, 12:50 PM)mattyi85 Wrote: REFRACTION I have noticed it is a new installer im a bit worried that if i install the newer version it may delete my memory cards and ill lose all my final fantasy data 40+ hours worth lol i did also notice that if i start the installer it asks me if i want to import or overwrite pcsx2 settings if i choose import will that keep my memory cards safe?? just want to be sure before i go ahead with the install Thanks :-)

The installer will not touch the memory cards. If you're still afraid though, you can always back them up just in case. It's common logic.
Thank you coornio ill give it a try shortly and update :-)
I have been playing around with settings with the newer build but unfortunately its still the same problem with both games no change at all with rocky, but with battlefield if i select the openGL software mode the ghosting doesnt stand out quite so much though its still enough to be annoying and it also slows down my FPS a lil bit which doesnt cause much of a problem until there are explosions etc.. on the screen so unfortunately not really got any improvement but thanks for the idea certainly worth the try :-)