Help with CPU
Well, when I try to play any game on PCSX2, the emulator only uses up to 50~56% of my 2.66Ghz Dual Core Duo.

I tried searching around before coming here and posting, but not much luck.

It seems that all the configuration on the CPU in the emulator is right, it's like my windows just doesn't allow it to use the whole CPU, even if I put it to High Priority.

Anyone know how to fix this? Game that should be running at 60fps are only going at 45~48 fps because of this, playable, but not what it could be.

Sponsored links

That's normal. I use even less on mine.
Ninja
Are you using task manager to see CPU usage, or are you going by CPU usage showing in PCSX2's title bar? If you're going by what the emulator shows, that's only the portion that gsdx is using to render the graphics, and not the total usage the emulator is using.Wink
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2
Yeah, I did, but nevermind this tread.

I started playing Xenosaga today and i got a wooping 7 fps with it using 90% of my CPU. Sad.

Looks like most games just don't go to full speed on this emulator and that is it.
With a weak CPU like you have, you'll need heavy use of the speed hacks and frame/vu skip options to get any decent fps.
Ninja
well it all just depends on the cpu you have. Smile (since the cpu that you show there isn't it's real complete name)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
It's not a great CPU, but good enough.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66 GHz is the full name.

Well, the Speed Hack helps a lot, got the 60 fps that I wanted on normal games like Ar Tonelico.
If your game is xenosaga eps.3, try with gsdx.0.1.6 or gsdx.0.1.7 you will get boost fps (under 10fps to 45-60fps in game and around 30fps in menu) in my specs AMD X2 3.1ghz and HD.3870, OS vista sp.1 . I dont know about other xenosaga.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.