Help with DirecX...
Ok, I've downloaded the directx you guys gave link in your main page, installed it and emulator still asks to install it. What should I do?

Sponsored links

(03-03-2009, 06:49 PM)don117 Wrote: Ok, I've downloaded the directx you guys gave link in your main page, installed it and emulator still asks to install it. What should I do?

Try the download link the program gives you when it says that you need to update. You can also try SSE2 that doesnt ask for the directx update (only SSE3 and SSE4 does ask it).
(03-03-2009, 07:05 PM)darkmvr Wrote:
(03-03-2009, 06:49 PM)don117 Wrote: Ok, I've downloaded the directx you guys gave link in your main page, installed it and emulator still asks to install it. What should I do?

Try the download link the program gives you when it says that you need to update. You can also try SSE2 that doesnt ask for the directx update (only SSE3 and SSE4 does ask it).

The thing is that I've tried both versions of directx, and even with SSE2 I get the same message... Any ideas?
Are you sure you installed it and not just extracted it? It asks you for a location,then you gotta go there and run DXsetup.exe
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-03-2009, 09:05 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are you sure you installed it and not just extracted it? It asks you for a location,then you gotta go there and run DXsetup.exe

Yes, then it installs, I'm not a douche Happy But it's still exactly the same, after loading ISO it asks for directx update...
To know if directx installed correctly, search windows/system32. If it did, you'll see d3dx9_40.dll .

If that file is not there, then it has not installed correctly
(03-03-2009, 10:55 PM)Krakatos Wrote: To know if directx installed correctly, search windows/system32. If it did, you'll see d3dx9_40.dll .

If that file is not there, then it has not installed correctly

It is there Blink
what kind of windows do you have?

Regardless, copy that file and paste it into the main pcsx2 folder, just besides the pcsx2 exe. And try again.
(03-03-2009, 10:59 PM)Krakatos Wrote: what kind of windows do you have?

Regardless, copy that file and paste it into the main pcsx2 folder, just besides the pcsx2 exe. And try again.

Thanks, it worked Happy
I am interested though, what windows you have? Theorically, it should work without you having to put the dll there