Help with FF XII and pinewood chops [SOLVED]
I have about 66 hours in this game and I have used some patches for money, beneficial status, enemies drop more loot, etc. and everything was going so well... until I got to Archades and needed to use the transport to get to Tsenoble. Everytime I try to earn a Pinewood chop, I'm successful, but no pinewood chops go into my inventory. It just doesn't show up at all. If I go to a chopmaster and ask to trade for a sandalwood chop, he says ok (even though I have none to trade). Afterwards, I still can't take the cab to Tsenoble to finish the game. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I've searched google like crazy looking for a way to fix it, but with no success. I did find a codebreaker code that gave me 99 pinewood chops, but it still didn't let me ride the cab, even though they did show up in my inventory.

Sponsored links

(12-15-2009, 07:56 AM)blackknight Wrote: I have about 66 hours in this game and I have used some patches for money, beneficial status, enemies drop more loot, etc. and everything was going so well... until I got to Archades and needed to use the transport to get to Tsenoble. Everytime I try to earn a Pinewood chop, I'm successful, but no pinewood chops go into my inventory. It just doesn't show up at all. If I go to a chopmaster and ask to trade for a sandalwood chop, he says ok (even though I have none to trade). Afterwards, I still can't take the cab to Tsenoble to finish the game. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I've searched google like crazy looking for a way to fix it, but with no success. I did find a codebreaker code that gave me 99 pinewood chops, but it still didn't let me ride the cab, even though they did show up in my inventory.

Have you tried adding them to your inventory yourself? Like using a savegame editor or a patch?
I haven't even heard of a savegame editor, but I'll try that. As for the patch, I mentioned above that I found one that gave me 99 pinewood chops, but they still wouldn't let me ride the cab.
i wonder what did you do 66 hours in game if you used cheats? Smile
i pass this pinewood stuff at 40th hour (with training, earning gil, killing all marks, etc)
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
I didn't use any cheats until about 55 hours or so. I used the save game file from my PS2 in PCSX2 and only then had a way of using the cheats. I just want to finish the story and side quests before Final Fantasy XIII comes out and I've been putting off playing the game for good 2 years or so.
yeah. i hear you. I am playing in FF XII now for the same reason Smile
Though, it is silly - the stories are not related Smile
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
I just enjoy the feeling of completing Final Fantasy games. I know they aren't related, but it just seems like such a huge accomplishment. I've never used any cheats before, though it does make it easier to collect all the hidden items that usually force me to put the game asided for long periods of time.
So I tried the save game editor, but for some reason, neither of the chops show up in the Loot editor. I'm really at a loss here.
Finally, I found a patch that made the chops quest complete and now it works. Hooray!!! Problem solved.
Can you link the patch for others that may have the issue?
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs