Help with FF12
Hello,
i cant seem to get final fantasy 12 to run smooth, my fps its at like 20-26 and i cant seem to get it any higher.
im running a CQ6600 (2.4) with a 8800GT (512) an 4 gb of ram so it should be fine right?
please help

Sponsored links

Hm your processor will be a bottleneck but 20 fps sounds a bit too low.
Get the latest beta PCSX2 and plugins. Are you using vista? If so set GSDx to DX10 Hardware renderer. Also try using some speed hacks
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-07-2009, 10:35 AM)boltron Wrote: Hello,
i cant seem to get final fantasy 12 to run smooth, my fps its at like 20-26 and i cant seem to get it any higher.
im running a CQ6600 (2.4) with a 8800GT (512) an 4 gb of ram so it should be fine right?
please help

like bositman say enable the speed hacks, i have a 7750 amd and a worst video card than u and i can play the game with a few glitches, i have all the speed hacks enable, and i use the native resolution of the game.

btw my game run a 60fps after 8 hours of game ^^

o/
below 30fps sounds really low. Today this game is really playable... I have a 2.4 proc too and play mostly at 60fps (1280x800, not even native) and with minor speed hacks.

Post more info (version of pcsx2 and plugins and actual config) so we can help you improve performance
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
Hey hey, I'm also having some issues getting it max speed. I'm at 60 when there's nothing important going on, but when I get control or there's more things going on, it dips to around 30-40, with sound skipping. Would appreciate it if anyone looks at the settings and can pick out what I might need to change (I've been playing around with them and it doesn't seem to help)

Here's my stuff and settings:
Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa, non unibody) Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
nVidia 8600M GT 256 MB (looks like driver version 177.56 from Boot Camp 3.0 drivers, I'm going to install 186 from nVidia and try it)
Windows 7 x64
4 GB DDR2 667 MHz

Settings are attached.

Thanks!
That's caused by your slow 8600 geforce. You can try checking native on GSdx but don't expect miracles, FFXII is a graphics card intensive game
[Image: newsig.jpg]
If you would like, I have recommended settings at the link in my signature.

Final Fantasy XII I play really often, so I can vouch for the settings myself.

I have cycle rate at 2x with more updating plugins and such (you can find the plugins and executables at the links I provided in my signature's page).

Most of your other settings look pretty good. Put the Sound Quality stuff at max, don't disable anything (use 2-Cubic from the dropdown, and uncheck all the disabling options there), shouldn't hurt performance very much.

Make sure to check the recommended Advanced Settings in my signature's link (you didn't post those).

After you've reviewed all my settings, then the last thing you can try is lowering the internal resolution to get the frame rates you want.

@Limeroo - ya, your graphics chip is a little weak. Your processor is also a little slow. That's just what you get with the current laptops though (they have to run lower clocks because they need to run cooler in tighter systems).

@boltron - you should be able to get solid frames from FF XII on PCSX2.

Also, if you are familiar with the process and know how to do it safely, consider overclocking your Q6600 a bit for more performance. IIRC they have pretty good overclocking potential. But before doing that make sure you use all the recommended settings in my signature guide.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Thanks so much curryking! Appreciate all the feedback and advice; I'll check it out but I'm not expecting any miracles cuz of my system. I've tried ZeroGS with frame/VU skip --- a bit better, it's still a bit slow. I've just decided to dust off the old PS2 and just play it through there hehe Smile

Thanks again~

(09-07-2009, 10:05 PM)curryking1 Wrote: If you would like, I have recommended settings at the link in my signature.

Final Fantasy XII I play really often, so I can vouch for the settings myself.

After you've reviewed all my settings, then the last thing you can try is lowering the internal resolution to get the frame rates you want.

@Limeroo - ya, your graphics chip is a little weak. Your processor is also a little slow. That's just what you get with the current laptops though (they have to run lower clocks because they need to run cooler in tighter systems).
My spec is

Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz
DDR2 1GB
7800GTX 256MB

I use all speedhack, 2x cycle rate

I avarage around 40-45fps with normal play, sometimes drop to ~30 when in city. Voice is always quicker than image in cutscene. Sounds in normal is good although stutter in FMV

So pretty good I think, it is playable for me. However, do i get better fps if i reduce the solution in the graphic plugin? I have "windowed" at the moment
Hello, have tried with above settings in saig and still no joy Sad