Help with GPU Upgrade to run PCSX2
Hi, I have just signed up to the site and have spent a few hours already scouring the forums. SmileSmile Well after some boredom today I decided to try and run some games with pcsx2. After some reading and noodling I have managed to get most games to run but with very poor frame rates obviously. I am generally getting normal frame rates in the game menus and after booting but only about 7-15 in game. I am in the market for a new graphics card and I am only buying one really to use with this emulator and a few newer games I want to get around to playing. I though this might make for a decent discussion and I could really use the help. WinkWink I'm looking to spend around a 100 bucks maybe a little more to give you guys and idea of a price range.

So, I am looking forward to hearing from you folks and possibly meeting a few new friends. Cheers. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Sponsored links

dunno for what purpose do you want the gfx card,if it`s for playing at high resolutions then go high end ( nvidia geforce 9800),but if you want to play at native then you have something cheaper the 8000` series
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
I think the Nvidia 8800 Series cards still pack a punch. I have the EVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB Superclocked card. I can play mostly every game on high resolutions with no fps drops. I think that the 512MB 9800 or the Geforce 240 should be good around that price range.

Ati cards have driver issues currently, especially with their newer DirectX 11 series cards and Windows 7. Those cards I mentioned should be fine for PCSX2 and moderate PC gaming.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
Well as im sitting on an 8800GT I can tell you its just fine for PCSX2. I rarely play at native res, but there are a few games where its not quite enough. If I where you Id go for a 9800 card, better performance and should be right in your price range.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(01-19-2010, 10:40 AM)decode1984 Wrote: Ati cards have driver issues currently, especially with their newer DirectX 11 series cards and Windows 7. Those cards I mentioned should be fine for PCSX2 and moderate PC gaming.

Only the 5xxx series cards have driver issues. Since they are new after all.

I used to have a HD 3850 and it plays Pcsx2 fine. With my 5750 i somehow fixed the problem.
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]
I have a XFX nVidia 9800 GT 512MB GPU and it works flawlessly with PSCX2, I recommend it strongly.
It's a mighty fine card and I can play everything that have been throwed at it at this point.