Help with .Hack GU
Hi guys! The long and the short of it, I have been playing Shadow Hearts Covenant and Rogue Galaxy, both without any major issues (a little slow down during some 'busier' scenes, nothing major), but when i fired up .hack//gu: rebirth, I was hit with major lag. I'm lucky if it stays within 40fps. I have limited internet access, so I can't spend too much time googling a solution. I actually drove over to my parents house to use their wifi to make this post, so I'm hoping it's in the right place. From what I've seen so far, it usually comes down to a hardware issue, but I think my pc is up to snuff to play it. I just don't know what all options to turn on or set. Fo informations sake, my desktop stats are

Lenovo PC
Windows 7 home premium edition, 64 bit os
Pentium R Dual Core e5800 processor
4gig of ram
My graphics card is an intel ® g45/g43 express chipset, 1695mb total memory (video cards have memory?)

I have to run, I'm standing in their drive way and mosquitos are tearing my pale butt up. I'll try to check back often, I hope you guys can help. I don't want to not be able to play a game anymore just because I knocked my ps2 off a shelf. Thanks in advance÷

Sponsored links

You could try playing with the speedhacks tab to see if it helps, but your PC is quite weak for the emulator so you will be limited on what games will be playable on it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

the G series mobo graphics are quite weak, I wouldn't expect much.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yup. It's coming down to a hardware issue. I'll have to break down and upgrade one day.. until then, I guess I'm out of luck. Unless someone wants to send a poor soul a super pc? No? Didn't think so..
I'm looking into upgrading my processor and graphics card. Can anyone give me an idea where to start? I've never really replaced a part out of my PC before, never really had to before now. I need something that will run some of the heavier PS2 games... but doesn't cost me too much. I'll be googling parts as time permits today, but it'd be helpful to hear from someone who already knows what I'm looking for to give me some input!
Quote:I'm looking into upgrading my processor and graphics card
Quote:but doesn't cost me too much
those 2 first statements aren't compatible, to begin with.
No actual CPU/GPU will fit your mobo. means you'll have to change CPU, GPU, mobo, and RAM. (yes, you need a whole new machine)
Quote:I need something that will run some of the heavier PS2 games
that will be more expensive, then. can you please name those "heavy games" you actually own ? maybe they aren't that heavy and could fit a budget PC
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
this should give you some idea: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-budge...-for-pcsx2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
GU games tend to be a little rough. Least on my older system. As all others stated you will have to go with a system replacement. I broke down and bought a new mobo and cpu myself. If you want good CPU for emulation in general stay away from AMD. I am by no means a intel fan boy but facts are facts.. What you have to do to get a amd to do anything close to a i7 series is pretty crazy.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Thanks, guys. Replacing my PC is out of the question at the moment, sadly. I'm looking into other means of playing them. Burning the isos to disc seems to be an option, but I'll have to figure out how to burn a 7gb game to a 4.7gb disc... sigh.
Burning the Isos ?
Why would you do this. Just use your original all discs, pop them in your ps2 and let's play Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go