Help with PCSX2
First off, just want to thank the creators of this program. I am having an issue running PCSX. I read the minimum requirements and I meet them. Anyhow, when running any game it tends to run extremely slow. It will then start rewinding to a previous spot then back to where it originally got stuck til the program completely freezes. I am thinking I may need to revert back to windows xp to run this. Here are my computer specs. Thanks in advance for any support.

Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.4 GHz
2 GBs of Ram
Windows Vista 32-bit
SLI GeForce 8800 GTs

Sponsored links

Quote: am thinking I may need to revert back to windows xp to run this. Here are my computer specs

I don't see why.
which games are you trying to run ?
can you post screenshots settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am trying to play Gran Turismo 3-Aspec. I already looked at the compatibility list and it shows working. Here is a screenshot of my config. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

[Image: 113a7d4fd9.jpg]
should also note that the game runs fine up til i try to race. runs 55-60 FPS (99-100% speed) but when a race starts it just runs super slow, didnt catch the FPS.
try using latest pcsx2 public beta and latest plugins pack
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-23-2010, 08:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: try using latest pcsx2 public beta and latest plugins pack
still doing the exact same thing
Try setting GSdx 0.1.16 to DX10 Software mode and set sw render threads to 3, see if speed is better then.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-23-2010, 08:16 AM)Bositman Wrote: Try setting GSdx 0.1.16 to DX10 Software mode and set sw render threads to 3, see if speed is better then.
also doing the same thing. when the game loads to where you race the FPS drops to about 22.
i only have DX9 available too. Dunno why. Ive downloaded latest Direct x
Hmm can you show your Config->CPU settings and Config->Advanced? It is known this game is extremely resource demanding so don't expect to get full speed with your PC.
Oh and you should also run the 1888 beta of PCSX2 for a speed boost: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-23-2010, 08:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm can you show your Config->CPU settings and Config->Advanced? It is known this game is extremely resource demanding so don't expect to get full speed with your PC.
Oh and you should also run the 1888 beta of PCSX2 for a speed boost: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

trying the 1888 beta again. i just noticed that my video cards werent running in SLI and i dont know why. seems like it turns itself off after i restart or something. let me try this real quick and will let you know
(04-23-2010, 08:43 AM)Nocturnal84 Wrote:
(04-23-2010, 08:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm can you show your Config->CPU settings and Config->Advanced? It is known this game is extremely resource demanding so don't expect to get full speed with your PC.

trying the 1888 beta again. i just noticed that my video cards werent running in SLI and i dont know why. seems like it turns itself off after i restart or something. let me try this real quick and will let you know

oh where should i download the bios from for the 1888