Help with Settings
The original question is below, but now it's resolved (silly mistake on my part). Instead of making a new thread, I'll ask another question here:

What are some settings that can give me optimum quality? The game that I play the most is Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater. As well as a bit of NBA Street vol2, Crash Bandicoot (all on ISO). I did play around with the graphics settings without knowing a whole lot; but I doubt they helped at all. I would like some more knowledgeable users to suggest settings that will unlock my PC's full potential.

PC Specs:
8 GB RAM
Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all,

I am having trouble running games, where the FPS is very low in non-loading screens.

My PC specs are as follows:

8 GB RAM
Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555

I am using the latest build (Revision 5304, June18). One weird thing is, I was using a build from last year and it was working perfectly fine.. I decided to update it and now I can barely run any games. Can someone please suggest to me some settings that allow me to run the games smoothly? I believe my hardware is fine, so the problem must lie in the settings.

EDIT: OK false alarm!... - it seems that if I run "pcsx2.exe" instead of "pcsx2-r5277.exe", the games run without any problems.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-18-2012, 10:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

OK- Updated my first post.